~Chapter 18~

Jake POV

The more and more I heard Drew call my name, the more and more my heart broke. I didn't want to do this.. But.. I had to.. I don't want to risk my heart breaking anymore then it already is.

Funny.. I really thought he loved me.. It was all an illusion, wasn't it? Just a game.

I felt myself grow weak as my head started spinning. I quickly sat down on a nearby bench to rest my legs. I groaned and clutched my stomach. It was getting worse. But I had to be perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I sighed as I felt more tears drip from my face. I wiped them away. It was then I realized someone was watching me. They came closer and the details became clear that it was Zoey. "What do you want?" I groaned. 

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to see how delirious you are," She giggled. "You really thought he loved you? It's clear there's no love in him. Not even for his friends." 

"What do you mean..?"

"Well it's simple. When you joined the music club? He started teasing you just as much as he did them. I bet he only felt pity on you when you first met. Who could even learn to care for a loser like you?" 

Even though I knew she was just saying that to break me, her words cut deeper than a knife.

"And to put icing on the cake, not even the music club needs you! That Hailey chick is so much better at singing then you are, I bet they'll replace you in a heartbeat by the time the competition comes around! Besides.."

Zoey stopped herself to come closer to me, lifting my chin up to look her in her cold icy eyes.

"Who wants to hear a boy sing?"

I felt my face darken as my eyes teared up. I haven't heard those words in so long.. But they hurt just as much as they did before.

She let go of my chin and backed away. "I better get going now. Don't want to leave Hunter waiting!" 

Zoey plastered a fake smile on her face and waved to me, walking away. I clenched my fists as more tears fell from my eyes.

She's right.. I thought. Who would want to hear me sing? Hailey is amazing.. She sounds like an angel.. I sound like nails on a chalkboard compared to her!

I held my head as these thoughts flooded my senses. 

"Jake!" I then heard a girl calling my name. They didn't sound familiar at all, but I turned my head anyway. 

"Who are you..?" I asked. 

"I'm Stacy, I.. Kissed.. Your boyfriend.." 

"He's not my boyfriend anymore." I turned away.

"I know, and I want to fix that! It's my fault. Zoey payed me to do that, I swear! I don't like him like that.. And he pushed me away almost immediately, I'm surprised Zoey got such a perfect picture."

I ignored her.

Stacy sighed and sat down next to me. 

"Please..? I know I barely know you, but I really want to fix the mess I made! I could tell you two really loved each other.. So please.. Let me fix this."

I looked at her pleading eyes and sighed. 

"Fine.."

Stacy then jumped up, cheering "Yes! Thank you! Now come on, you have some apologizing to do."

I looked down again, biting my lip tightly.

The slight pain made my eyes grow more tears, not to mention whatever the hell was happening in my stomach.

Stacy took my hand, lifting me up. She plastered a comforting smile on her face, then dragged me along to find Drew.

Liam POV

I've never seen Drew so broken up, not even after his break up with Zoey. He clearly really cared for Jake.. Him slipping through his fingers must've really hurt him.

I gently took Drew's arm, standing him up. I pulled him and Henry into a group hug and Drew cried on our shoulders. 

"It's okay, Drew.. That girl, Stacy, is going to help you. Don't worry." I comforted. 

"But.. W-What if he doesn't believe her..?"

"Drew, listen to me."

I pulled away from the hug and put my hands on both of Drew's shoulders, giving him a serious look. 

"I know Jake, and I know he wouldn't back out on you that easily. We've seen him with you, and it's clear that he really does love you! Maybe even more than he loved Daisy!"

I felt myself almost choke on my words as I said her name. No one dares to mention her name here anymore, but I didn't care. I needed to cheer up my friend.

Drew looked at me and realized I was serious when I said her name. He turned his gaze to the ground and softly said, "Okay.."

I smiled and pulled him in for another hug. Henry then tugged my sweatshirt and pointed to the entrance of the school. The door was made of glass, so we were able to see outside. Zoey was talking to Jake..

I continued to watch the phenomenon. Zoey walked away, and looked.. Nice? But it was clear that she was faking it. Stacy then came up to Jake, and I my hopes for him and Drew rose after they both started walking our way.

------

Word count: 887

A/N: Aha, gotta love cliffhangers, dontcha? :)

Damn, im making more cliffhangers then an anime, the hell-