~Chapter 29~

Narrator POV

The two boys had been harassed nearly the whole day. Zander wouldn't leave them alone. It was like a lion chasing two antelopes, each word out of Zander's mouth was another sharp tooth sinking into their skin. Thankfully, Drew wasn't going to let Zander get to Jake. Zander's words bounced right off Drew back at him. He would do what he could to keep Jake safe. 

What would Jake do without Drew?

...

"YOU'RE SICK?!" Jake screamed in disbelief. It was the night after the day before, Drew felt woozy earlier so Jake's mother checked his temperature; 103. Drew sighed, sitting up straight. "I'm sorry Jake! I can't help it-" Drew let out a cough, interrupting his sentence.

"I know, I know- But- What about Zander? I-If he gets in my head.. I-I don't know-! Who knows what measures I'd go to?!" Jake was tearing up at this point. 

"Jake, calm down! Just tell me what he says after school, and during lunch call me, or talk with Henry and Liam. I'm sure they can help in my place!"

"N-No! You have to go-! Please! I can't do this without you-!"

From the kitchen, Jake's mother, Jenna, watched the scene unfold. She wanted to question what they were talking about, but she had a better plan. She strolled up to the two boys with a smile. "Hey, how about we take Drew to the doctor's?" She placed both hands on Drew's shoulders, standing behind him. He smiled at the feeling, as his own mother would do the same.

"Yes! Please!" Jake begged. His mother giggled, reaching for her purse on the coffee table. "Well, pack your things. Let's go," She smiled. Jake nearly jumped in joy. He scooped Drew up in his arms, pouring him into the back seat of Jenna's car after bolting outside. Jake hopped in the other side, with a stupid smile on his face. Drew couldn't stop looking at him. He was adorable when he was excited.

---

The three finally arrived at the doctor's office, walking in to the front desk. "Hello, there," The male teenager, looking about 18, at the counter smiled. "How can I help you?" 

"Well, this young man here caught a small sickness. We were wondering if he could get a check up?" Jenna explained, motioning to Drew who had just let out another cough. "And maybe this one too." She glared at Jake. Not in a mad way, but a concerned way. A pit grew in his stomach. Sh*t.. He thought. She turned back to the young boy at the counter. 

"Sure thing. Names?" 

"Jake Sterling, and Drew.." Jenna turned to Drew, pondering. He mouthed 'Williams', thinking she didn't know his last name. She gently shook her head and said, "..Sterling. Drew Sterling," With a wink, turning back to the young male. Drew turned bright red.

After entering the information into the computer, the male pointed down the hallway beside him. "That way, red door," He directed. Jenna nodded, and the three strolled down the hallway. Jake was fiddling his fingers. "Jake? You okay?" Drew asked turning to him, his voice sounding nasally. "I'm sure it's just a common cold, I'll be fine." Jake shook his head. "No.. I-I know you'll be fine, it's me I'm worried about.. She said she's going to have me checked too! I-If they see I-I'm.. Y'know.. Then they're going to tell her-!" 

Jake regretted saying that. He knew how selfish it sounded. God dammit.. Zander's right.. He thought. Just yesterday Zander said how selfish Jake was..

--

Yesterday..

Drew stepped in front of Jake, outstretching his arm to protect his partner. "Oh would you get a load of this?" Zander scoffed. "Little Drewie bear has to protect his Jakey boy from me, because Jakey is too selfish to do anything about it!"