~Chapter 26~

TW: Idkhowtoworditbutthereistheusethefwordinthischapterandnoitsnotf*ck
(if you can read that you get a cookie)

Narrator POV

Jake slammed the door shut, and the club saw him bolting down the hallway. "I knew we shouldn't have trusted him," Zander growled. "But he was never like that.. He acted like he did care! Why would he-" Milly tried to find a reason not to be mad at Jake, but Zander did the opposite. 

"I'm telling you, it's from being around Drew all the time! Since they got together, they can't leave each other's sides for 2 minutes! Jake is bad, but Drew is worse! And them dating?! That's a recipe for disaster." 

"But, ever since they got together, Drew hasn't been picking on anyone," Sean stated.

"Well-.. I don't care! He betrayed us, that's final!"

Everyone was feeling mixed emotions. Anger, sorrow, betrayal. But worst of all.. Guilt.

Hailey clenched her fists as more and more tears fell down her face. Her heart was shattered into a million pieces. 

She quickly opened the door and ran out to the garden. She felt betrayed. To think she might have actually loved Jake..

---

The rest of the day, Jake felt.. Empty. It's been one day without the club, and he's already missing it. What was he going to do now? Of course he could practice with Drew for the competition. But now he's stuck with his original friends. He loves them, of course, but he also loved the music club. But, if they were able to give up their trust for him that easily, did they really even care about him?

As soon as the bell rung, Jake was relieved from his thoughts. He immediately ran to find Drew. After doing so, he found him sitting on the ground staring at his phone. He seemed uneasy. 

"Hey Drew! Is something wrong?"

"Huh?! Oh- Uh- Nope! I'm fine!"

"It doesn't seem like it," Jake crossed his arms over his chest.

Drew sighed. "It's nothing, alright? Personal stuff."

"Drew, I'm your boyfriend. You can tell me anything!"

"I-.. Well I-.. No, it's nothing. Come on, let's go find that guitar at.. Actually, why don't we just buy a new one?"

"Is something wrong at home?"

"Uh-.. Not exactly. Come on, I'll pay!"

"No, I don't want you wasting your money. It'll be quick!"

"Jake I-"

Before Drew could say anything, Jake was already dragging him out of the school. 

"Jake-"

"Nope."

"But-"

"Nada."

"Jake I-"

"Negative."

Drew sighed in defeat. You couldn't talk this kid out of anything.

Upon arrival, Jake walked up to knock on the door. "Waitwait don't-" Drew started.

Knock knock!

"Knock.."

"Who is it?" Someone growled from inside. Drew's step-mother. "Hi Mrs. Johnson! It's me Jake, I'm with Drew. We came up to-"

"DREW?!"

The door immediately burst open, startling the two boys. 

"You really have the audacity to come up here after what you did?!"

Confusion covered Jake, while Drew knew exactly what she was talking about. 

"J-Judy, listen-" Drew started.

"NO! You f**got got your father arrested! You ruined the business!"

"He put a GUN to my HEAD! What, did you just expect me to sit there and let him kill me?!"

"Would've been real nice if he did! One less problem for me to deal with!

"And you wonder why I never leave my room!"

"It's not my fault you're a walking sin!"

"Well it's your fault I almost killed myself TWICE!"

As Jake watched the argument more and more questions piled up into his brain. Along with worry, concern and fear. 

"You say that like it's a bad thing!"

"Oh yeah?! What if I marched in there grabbed a knife and stabbed myself right now?! How would you feel?!"

"Don't sass me!"

"I was asking a question, dumbass!" 

Before Drew knew it, he felt a sharp pain spread across his face as his head was jerked to the side. "Hey!" Jake called, stepping in front of Drew. "Don't you dare hurt him! Who do you think you are?!"

She didn't respond, and instead went to push him backward. Jake quickly moved to the left to avoid it, grabbing both her arms in the process. Shoving her into the wall, he yelled at her saying, "Stay away from him!"

Jake then quickly turned to Drew to say, "Drew, get the guitar and get out of here!"

"B-But-"

"GO!" Jake yelled, turning back to Drew's step mother who nearly escaped. Drew quickly bolted into the house and ran up the stairs to his room. He searched and searched, and finally found it, a small old guitar blanketed with dust. Meanwhile he grabbed a suitcase and started packing clothes, and other valuable and things. Once he was done he opened the window, climbing down with the two items. 

Drew ran to the front where Jake was still struggling to keep her down. "Drew! Okay, now go to my house I'll meet you there!" He called. 

Drew nodded unwillingly. He didn't want to leave Jake, but he knew it'd be useless to say anything. Right after Drew was too far to hear anything, Jake felt a deadly pain in his lower stomach. He quickly gripped his stomach, collapsing to the ground in agony. Drew's step mom quickly ran inside, slamming the door shut. 

After nearly 5 minutes, Jake slowly stood up. He was still in deep pain, but he had to get away from the property as soon as possible. Running as fast as he could, Jake finally came upon his house. He opened the door to find Drew sitting on the couch talking to his mother who was in the kitchen. Jake fell face first on the carpeted floor, curling into a ball while groaning in pain.

"Jake-?!" Both Drew and his mother called rushing over to the pained boy. "What happened?" Drew asked. 

"Uh.. She- Hit me-" Jake groaned, the two quickly understanding. Before he knew it, Drew was holding Jake in his arms, carrying him to his room.

---

Word Count: 997

A/N: Well this was a hell show to get out :,)) but heyy its heree

now back to the hole I crawled out of-