Chapter 1: The Government

Have you ever wondered what it felt like to be in your own world? In a world of your perfectness, of your desires. A world you don't have to worry about anything in. Well, I don't. You see, it's like I live in this world, except for, they aren't my perfectness, they're the government's.

The government regulated a specific reference from 2020, in which, perhaps, we would all never live in pain again. This, however, never worked out. They saw some flaws. They had to work out those flaws and in doing so, they forgot about the one important thing behind this picture. Fun. Without fun, we would never be happy and fun...well, fun is a fun word.

They took out the fun because they knew that it was dangerous to have. The danger was when they started asking what if questions. Like, what if they start flying off rollercoasters? I personally think that they should just fix the rollercoasters.

Me. I work for this government. The government of America in 4056. I know, we're way more ahead than 2020. We called ourselves, The Outcome. That was our part of the branch. The citizens part of the branch was called, Testing. The ones who send decisions to us were called Three Thinkers. They only had three people on their team.

"I'm trying! I still need to figure out how to convince them!" I yelled.

"Well, try better. If you don't get their fun out, then they might end up turning on us. Do you want that, Darvis?" Sunni asked. Sunni was my supervisor. The head of all. I was close to it.

"No, I don't want them to turn. I'm sorry, I'll do better," I said in worry. Fear that had overcome me.

I don't have a fear of them turning on us. I have a fear of my supervisor getting carried away. Everyone's fun level mattered. If we didn't have fun, then what's left but zombies. Zombies that don't know how to do anything but eat, sleep and drink. Well, yeah use the bathroom too. That's besides the point! To make myself perfectly clear, I want the fun to come back. I can't do that alone though.

I went back to my apartment and told my brother about the situation. My brother didn't like the situation either, he wanted the whole thing to stop. I just knew if we didn't stop it, we would end up dead.

"Hey, what's up?" My brother asked eagerly.

"You know we can't keep living like this, right?" I asked, "We can't keep pretending that having no fun is going to be okay."

"We have to live with what we got, for now.." He said in an inspirational tone.

"But what if I can't? What if it never gets better..what if-" My brother cut me off.

"How do you think the government made this?" He asked,"It was those questions that had hurt us. We shouldn't be asking what if, we should be asking how."

"You're right..I never would've thought of that. I want to tell my supervisor, but I don't know how to," I said in worry.

"It will all come in due time," said my brother.

I smiled at him. I knew it was going to be okay at that moment. I knew it was going to change, and I'm here to stay and fight. I may not be able to convince my supervisor, but I know I can do this.