Chapter 3: Don't Push It

I returned home to my brother and told him what had happened today.

"YOU DID WHAT?! I DIDN'T MEAN RIGHT NOW!! I MEANT LATER!!" He screamed at me.

I looked down and started to cry, "I'm sorry.."

He looked back up at me, feeling bad for yelling at me, "Oh, Darvis... I know how it feels. I know that you just want to make the best habitat for us. All of us.. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have yelled."

"It's okay.. I just wish he would understand that this is wrong..." I said in despair.

"Try again and again and again. I don't care how far away that trying is coming, but I want you to keep pushing. I know my big sister better than anyone else and I know that if anyone, it has to be you who has to do this," He said, trying to help me.

It worked, he helped me. I decided that the next morning I would try again and every day that I get rejected or shut down, I will do it again.

The next morning, I arrived early to work again. I had something to say, and I had to look good to do so.

"Mr. Sunni, I've done all of your paperwork for this morning and my job has been completed before you have arrived. I'm sure you'd find that pleasing," I told him in a professional manner.

"Good work indeed, Mrs. Darvis. I should give you a raise and a bonus for doing my hard paperwork so fast. Now, what shall we discuss this morning?" He asked and said politely.

"The Outcome, sir."

"Ah? Our operation, huh? Why should we talk of this?" He had a little bit of a rude tone.

"Sir, the planet is dying. You're killing off many for simply having fun. Don't you remember when me and you use to have fun egging people's houses...?" I asked, hoping he would remember.

"What about it? It's in the past."

"But, we'll go extinct! WE WON'T HAVE KIDS! We might even just start killing ourselves and getting pushed even more into violence....please, sir. I want you to shut down the operation."

"Mrs. Darvis, don't forget that you are still under my command and that I can fire you in a split second. Instead, don't you want your bonus and the raise? I wonder how things are with your brother-"

"NO! I'm sorry sir, I won't bring it up again."

At that point I was done, about to give up. That is until, a visitor arrived.