Chapter 4: Mystery of Great Power

This visitor came to me as I was walking home. It was in an alleyway, dark as ever. We didn't have cars, since it encouraged our fun level.

I see a creature in front of me and they look as if they're covered in blood. Their eyes are glowing green. I take one step towards this creature and I suddenly see that their glowing like the moon. It looks like an owl.

I walked towards this creature, afraid, but hoping that maybe I may be of assistance.

The creature slowly approaches me as it turns into what looks like a human. I stand still in fear. I didn't know what this thing was. I didn't want to risk my life by moving.

I know this is wrong of me to say right now, but, "It looks like someone has stepped out of line. You have disobeyed the rules. I thought it was clear that no fun was allowed."

"Oh, you must be the administrator of this poor fashion.." A male voice echoed through the alleyway.

"No, I-I'm not," I tried to stay calm, but I had stuttered answering him.

"Then, who are you to tell me what to do?" He asked in a deep voice, somehow flattering me.

His voice had a tint of British, but mostly an American accent. It was like he was of great power, of great wealth.

"I am a part of the corporation. I work in The Outcome branch, you don't seem like the type to want to enforce the law," I said, nervous.

"So, you agree with me. I prefer to live how I want and I can," He said.

"I didn't say that now...What are you..?" I asked.

"I can morph into animals. I'm a part of another experiment within these walls. They want to bring back the fun. I just killed someone in The Outcome branch, but I won't kill you. I'm hoping to see you at our meeting," He said as he handed me their business card.

I never in my life had felt like this before. It just right away felt like he got me. I know I should be scared, but the thought of him somehow intrigues me. The thought of this group somehow intrigues me.

I just stood there, I was in shock.

I had to get home, and it was really late, so I started walking back.