Chapter 8: A Turn in the Story, Love

It was the next day. I had thought a lot about my power. It was like I was an angel or something....

I went back to see him, he was standing in all black waiting for me to return. He had a smirk on his face.

"I would like to show you something," He said, telling me to go with him.

We left. I had no idea what was about to happen or if I was going to be dead or not when we did.

"Where...are we going?" I asked in confusion.

"You'll see," He smirked again.

We arrived at an abandoned amusement park.

"I'm not sure about this, what if I get caught..." I said and started to panic.

"Come on, this'll be fun," He said happily.

"What is with your smirks?" I asked.

He chuckled at my comment and it's almost like I was blushing.

We went on a Ferris Wheel, something I haven't been on in years. We got to the top and it stopped. We were stuck. Someone or something had lodged the controls.

"Are we going to be stuck up here forever?" I asked.

"No, you have wings remember?" He smiled.

I smiled back, "Right...." I caught myself blushing and chuckling a little.

Next thing I knew, he was staring at me. Right at me. Not only as a person, but as someone special. At least that's what I felt in his eyes.

I leaned in and he leaned in slowly. We got closer and closer until he stopped and smiled.

"You're so pretty..." He said. I felt so many butterflies and my heart started racing. I've never felt this special in my entire life before.

He brushed his hand through my hair and cupped my cheek, leaning in more and more. My heart was pounding out my chest as he put his other hand on my heart.

We ended up kissing. It was the most special moment of my life. I didn't have time for love. There was too much going on. I closed my eyes and savored the moment for a few seconds.

"You alright, love?" He asked, worried.

"Yes....so....fine.." I answered, not realizing how much I was swooning.

He chuckled, "So, are you going to get us down?"

I answered quickly, "Yes! Yes...Sorry." I opened my wings and got us down from the Ferris Wheel.\

We sat in one of the teacups that you spin in an amusement park.

"Hey!" Someone called out.

This isn't good, we've been spotted by The Outcome. I could get fired. I knew I had to get out of there.