Chapter 2: Regret

I arrived at work the next day early, eagerly yet nervous to tell my supervisor. I wanted to tell them to stop the whole operation.

"Hello Sunni, I've been doing a lot of work lately and I think you should look at this," I told him, hoping he would enjoy the thought of the operation going well...too well.

"Hi Darvis. Let's see what you have for me this morning," He said with a smile, as I suspected.

"So, I've been looking at the fun rate. It's been going very well, but there are a few problems in this operation-" He cut me off. He never wanted to hear those words.

"I think it's running quite smoothly, Mrs. Darvis."

"Well, like I said..."I said, nervous as ever. I couldn't lose this job, I have to take care of my little brother,"The operation has gone wrong. There are people that their fun level is to the point that they are rebelling against us,"I thought that this might've helped him shut it down as I wanted.

"Oh. We'll fix that with the deliquent center. The Three Thinkers should be able to help."

"BUT THAT MEANS YOU'RE GOING TO-" I got cut off again.

"Oh, yes. We will kill off those rebels," He had said with an evil look.

"THERES LIKE THOUSAND'S ON THE CHARTS!!" I said, panicking.

"Mrs. Darvis, please keep your voice down and get back to work."

"Yes sir," I said, looking down.

I didn't understand how they could just kill off many without thinking like that. We'll soon be extinct if this continues.

I got back to work, thinking to myself about the pain I've cause all of these people. I just wanted to get rid of the mess,not make it worse.

I regret every inch of my decision.