Chapter 6: Behind Their Backs

I went out to where they told me to meet them at. I was nervous, but I was ready to shut down this business once and for all. I had hoped it at least.

I arrived at a place that was dark and stormy. There were two gigantic wooden gates at the front of the meeting place. The meeting place was huge, a castle almost. The outside walls were made of stone and it sat on top of a hill. It had looked like the castle at the beginning of Beauty and the Beast.

I was very scared to go in. I had no idea what I was getting into. My only focus was to settle this once and for all.

I knocked on the big gates, hoping someone would hear. There was a loud echo in the background of the gates wooden knocking sound.

"Hello...? It's me, the girl you met in the alley..?" I said, like an idiot, echoing throughout the area.

A loud, deep voice had echoed throughout the gates, "Ah yes, welcome. Come on in, we've been expecting you."

The gates had opened. I took a few steps into the area and I looked for an entrance. I felt like someone was watching me.

I had turned around and jumped. There he was. The man that had killed off one of the Outcome's people.

"Don't scare me like that!" I yelled at him, but my voice had echoed. I put my head down in shame out of embarrassment.

"Whoa, it's okay. I'm not here to hurt you," he shrugged,"Let me guide you to where our meeting shall be."

His voice just sent my heart to a pitter patter. He made me have butterflies, the good kind you get from being excited. I tried my best to stay calm from this nonsense, but apparently he had noticed.

"Are you okay? Your cheeks are very red."

"Y-yes. I just need to get in there and tell them how this works."

"If you want, I can carry you."

"N-no thanks. I am not a damsel in distress heh.." I said, nervously.

"Suit yourself," He shrugged and took my hand.

I blushed as we walked to the door. The door was made of stone and we had to push a button in order to get it opened.

Our eyes locked together for a moment.

"Well milady, after you," He said in such a gentleman manner. He bowed down and let me ahead of him. He walked in right after me.

"This place is huge.." I told him.

"I own it. My grandfather passed away and passed this down to me. He also wanted to hug down The Outcome, but he couldn't seem to manage..." He said, his voice breaking at the end.

"Did he..." He nodded.

"The Outcome had took him. They found out what he was doing and so he created me into what I am now. They had chopped off his head about 3 years ago and threw him down with the rest of the people who tried to re-enact fun."

We arrived at the meeting spot. It was a huge room with about twenty chairs at a long table in the center of the room. There were about twelve people sitting at this table.

I nervously sat down as everyone looked at me and started to whisper.

"ENOUGH!" The animal morph had yelled strictly to them, somewhat startling me,"We are not here to discuss who or what she is-"

I cut him off, "What do you mean what I am?"

"That isn't important right now. We're here to discuss a plan. How should we take them down?"

"Cut their head off like they did us!" A guy in the back said.

"No, Carl...."The morph said, "Right. I suppose we should first start off with introductions. I never told you my name, milady. My name is Jack. This is Carl," He points to one of them at a time each stating their names, "That's Roseline, Millard, Paris, Caesar, Naomi, Gerald, Brent, Lucifer, Fred, May, and Manuel."

"Oh...I guess I've never told you my name yet either. I'm Darvis."

"Lovely name indeed, milady-" Roseline cut him off.

"Yes, not as lovely as mine though. I'm sorry to say this, but you're name sounds like a pile of throwup," She smiled, viciously.

"Don't mind her, she's just a pain. Anyways, I'll take your ideas. Tomorrow we act." He left me and Roseline in the room together at the end as everyone else left the room.

"So, you're new. Stay new. You'll never have a chance with him. You're a sad pathetic waste of space."

"Well from the looks of it, he doesn't like you too much-" I said back, snapping.

"Watch your tone. I'll come for you."

"I'd like to see you try. I'm protected."

"I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I can take them out in one shot."

"Then...what are you," I wasn't scared.

"My name is Roseline for a reason. I am poison and thorns," She said, showing me her power by grabbing onto me and tightening the thorns around me, but not enough to pierce my skin, "I won't kill you, just stay out of my way. If I pierced your skin, I would poison you and you would die within seconds." She threw me against the wall. I'm surprised I survived all of that.