Chapter 1

A/N: Here is the first chapter. For anyone who is also reading my TVD story, don't worry, I am working on the next chapter but my muse wouldn't let me concentrate on it until I agreed to write this too! Let me know what you think!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything you recognise.

~°*°~

15th August, 2002

I wake early to the sound of my alarm. I groan and turn it off. I then remember why my alarm was set so early when I'm not in school - today I am leaving my Mom and sister behind in Phoenix, Arizona to move in with my Dad, Charlie in Forks, Washington. At that thought I bounce out of bed and head to my bathroom to shower.

Once I'm showered and dressed I pack my final things into my suitcase. I have shipped the majority of my stuff to my Dad's house already so I only have one suitcase and my carry on bag for the flight from Phoenix to SeaTac where Dad will pick me up. Even though it's only been a couple of weeks since I saw him last, I am excited to see him again. I'm also excited to be able to spend time in my favourite place - La Push, the reservation where the Quileute tribe live. I hope that there are a few sunny days left before my sophomore year starts so I can enjoy the beach having missed it by not spending the month of July in Forks with my Dad as usual.

Once my final things are packed I drag my bags downstairs and leave them by the front door, then head to the kitchen to grab a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I find a note on the fridge from Mom telling me that her and Bella have gone out for the day and that she's asked her latest boyfriend, Phil, to take me to the airport. I sigh, although I'm not surprised. At least I like Phil, though I don't know how he puts up with Mom.

I quickly eat my breakfast and wash my dishes. I'm just finishing up when Phil arrives.

"Hey Liv. You ready?" He asks, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah." I say, grabbing my jacket and purse.

We head to the door and Phil grabs my case and carry on before heading out to the car. I lock the door as he gets my bags in the trunk, and then we both climb in and head to the airport. The ride is quiet, but not uncomfortable.

Once we arrive Phil gets my bags out of the trunk and we head into the airport. He waits with me whilst I check in for my flight and walks me to security.

"Take care of yourself Liv. I'm sorry your Mom and Bella couldn't be here to see you off." He says, giving me a hug. I roll my eyes.

"You and I both know that they could have been here, they just didn't want to be." I reply. He gives me a sad smile in response.

"I hope you'll be happier with your Dad." He says.

"I hope so too." I say.

"Good luck Liv. See you soon." He says as I start to head through security.

"See you soon Phil. Thanks for everything." I reply.

Once I get through security I head to my gate to wait to be called for boarding. It isn't long before my row is called and I board the plane, taking my seat next to the window. Luckily no one is next to me, so I don't have to spend the next 3 hours or so making small talk.

The flight passes quickly, and we soon arrive at SeaTac. I head to baggage claim and grab my suitcase before making my way to find my Dad. As soon as I spot him I head over.

"Hey Dad!" I say happily as I approach him.

"Livvy." He says with a smile. He takes my suitcase from me and leads me out to the cruiser. Once we are in and on the road I decide to ask something that has been on my mind since he said I could move in with him.