Chapter 8

A/N: And there is more smut in this chapter. There wasn't meant to be, but apparently the horny teenage pair decided otherwise!

This is also pretty much a filler chapter, not much going on. Sorry about that. We will be heading towards the start of the movies/books soon, likely with some time skips, so hopefully more will actually be happening soon.

I don't own anything you recognise, I'm just diving into the world of the wolves where the saga did not.

~°*°~

January 9th, 2004

I wake the next morning feeling very warm and comfortable. As the fogginess of sleep lifts, I realise the reason for that is that I am wrapped in Paul's arms, my back pressed to his chest and his chin resting on my head. I sigh contentedly and turn in his arms to face him. His eyes flutter open and he smiles before kissing my forehead.

"Hey, good morning." He says.

"Good morning." I reply. "I could get used to this."

Paul hums in agreement.

"Is Dad still here?" I ask.

Paul shakes his head no. "No, he left about an hour ago. I hid in your closet when he came in to check on you."

I laugh lightly. "At least your wolf hearing is useful."

He chuckles in response. "I guess it is."

"I should get ready for school." I say with a pout. "Come for dinner tonight so Dad doesn't think I'm neglecting him?"

"Sure. I need to see if Jared got Sam to visit Emily, and if he didn't, convince him to." He replies. I nod in agreement.

"I hope he does. I know you heard my conversation with her yesterday at the clinic. I'm pretty sure she's going to stop fighting the imprint and do what she wanted to all along - be with him. I know it's going to hurt Leah, but Emily needs to do what she wants, and she's wanted Sam all along. I think all 3 of you boys need to take what happened as a lesson to be more careful when you get angry though."

"I know." Paul says with a sigh. "I would never want to hurt you. Sam's mind yesterday was not a good place. At all. He's devastated."

"I know, but it was an accident. He tried to move back, but Emily moved forwards, not realising what was happening. I know your signs already, and we'll all have to be more on guard. I'll explain the signs to Kim as well when Jared tells her, then she will know too." I say.

"I love you, you know?" Paul says, kissing my lips.

I hum against his lips before pulling back slightly. "I love you too."

We get up and I get ready for school. After having breakfast and cleaning up, we say our goodbyes with Paul promising to be here when I get home from school. Paul heads into the woods to phase and I hop in my car and head to school.

~°*°~

School was it's usual, boring self. The day passed by slowly. I noticed when I passed by the Cullen's table at lunch that they scrunched their noses up a little, as if smelling something bad, but they still haven't spoken to me, and I'm hoping that it stays that way.

When I pull up to my house I see Paul's truck already parked, and him waiting for me on the porch. I climb out of the car and head up the steps. He pulls me into his arms and buries his face in my neck, breathing deeply.

"Why do you do that now? It's only been since you first phased." I ask, unlocking the door.

"It's a wolf thing. I'm scenting you to make sure you're okay, and that you still have my scent on you." He explains as we head inside.