Chapter 10

A/N: My house move has been pushed back by at least a week. Unfortunate for me BUT it means I've been able to write a new chapter. This is the last chapter before Bella arrives, which will mean drama.

As usual I own nothing that you can recognise.

~°*°~

December 24th, 2004

Another Christmas Eve, and another Christmas that Paul is staying with us. Sam has let him off patrol tonight and tomorrow since Dad invited him to stay with us like last year. He said he will do a quick run himself Christmas morning and again in the evening just to be safe, but since the only vampires they have come across in the last year since they all phased are the Cullen's, he's happy for them to all have some time off with their families.

I lie in bed playing with the promise bracelet Paul gave me a year ago and smile to myself. I look at the empty space next to me and sigh happily. I stayed at Paul's last night, and he was up early to run patrol with Jared. When he comes back we'll have a few hours to ourselves before we head to my house.

I think about the last year, and how so much has changed since last Christmas Eve, the whole wolf thing being the biggest change. I'm proud of the three of them for accepting what they are and protecting their tribe whilst still keeping up with school, and in Sam's case, building a business. They have become close over the last year, real brothers even if they are not brothers by blood. Emily, Kim and I have become close too, and the six of us see each other as family. Being part of the pack has been good for Paul too; he has a family now, along with Dad and I, something I know he's been missing since his gran died.

I decide to get up and make Paul some food ready for when he gets back from patrol. The appetites on those three still amazes me, even now. When Emily, Kim and I head to the grocery store we often get funny looks as we each pile a cart high with groceries. We long ago learned to ignore them.

After I shower I head downstairs and start making breakfast; pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns amd scrambled eggs. I also make some toast. It's nearly ready when I hear laughing outside and it isn't long before Paul and Jared walk into the kitchen messing around. Paul heads straight over when he sees me and wraps his arms around me from behind, kissing my temple.

"Hmmm smells good." He says as Jared pretends to gag at the display of affection. I roll my eyes and throw a towel at him as I turn around in Paul's arms. Jared catches it, laughing.

"I thought you would be hungry after patrol." I sigh, kissing his lips softly.

"Hmmm." He hums as he nuzzles my neck, taking a deep breath. "You know us. Always hungry." I laugh softly in response.

The three of us eat breakfast and then Jared heads home. Paul and I are on the couch watching TV, arms wrapped around each other.

"Let's go for a walk along the beach." Paul says a little while later.

"Hmm sounds good." I reply.

We grab our jackets and shoes, and once we're ready we head to the beach. We walk along, hand in hand for a few minutes before Paul stops.

"Oh my god." He whispers.

"Paul? What's up?" I ask, concern lacing my voice.

"Nothing's wrong, I just realised something." He replies. I look at him expectantly.

"You remember the day I imprinted on you?" He asks.

I nod. "You stared into my eyes, it was like you were in a daze."