Chapter 4

A/N: We will be time skipping a bit to the start of this chapter so we reach the start of the werewolf part of the story sooner. Paul and Olivia are cute, but I'm not going to write about all their dates whilst still human!

I know I said in my authors note last chapter that we would move on to the supernatural this chapter, but my muse had other ideas, and so did Olivia - so be warned, there is a lemon in this chapter, hence why the story is rated Mature.

I've tried my best to stick with the timeline from the books, but to be honest it's not that obvious in parts and also sometimes doesn't make sense. I've taken artistic licence and we're following a timeline of my own making in terms of who phased when for Sam, Jared and Paul. Also the Black twins had already left when Bella moved to Forks, that is not going to be the case in this story either. I can't cope with things not making sense so I'm making them make sense!

As usual, I don't own anything Twilight related, I'm just playing with the Twilight world.

~°*°~

September 6th, 2003

Today is my 17th Birthday! It's been just over a year since I moved to Forks, and It's been amazing! I didn't really have friends in Phoenix since I spent so much time doing things Renee should have been doing like paying the bills, cooking etc, and I was honestly miserable. Neither Renee nor Bella cared about me or anything I wanted. Living with Dad is completely different. Yes, I still cook and help with housework, but that is more of a choice. If I don't cook we wouldn't starve. Granted we would like on takeaway and sandwiches, but Dad would at least make sure I was fed, unlike Renee. Dad also pays all the bills and helps with the housework too.

I also have friends. I have Brooke and Faye from school, Rachel and Rebecca from the Res, and then I have Paul, who is officially my boyfriend and has been pretty much since that first date.

Paul and I have been on many dates since that first one. We have also hung out at my house, and his house. We have hung out with his friends, and with my friends too.

Paul eventually told me all about his past, about his Mom cheating and his Dad bringing him back to La Push when he was 8, his Dad beating him, starting fights so no one would know his Dad caused his bruises and cuts. His gran helping him become emancipated and setting him up financially for life, more or less.

I completely understand why he has issues with his temper because of everything he's been through. We understand each other because of our own pasts, and that makes us stronger together.

I can always tell when we haven't seen each other for a few days as he gets more short tempered as time goes on. He says that there is something about seeing me that calms him down, so we try to see each other as often as possible.

Dad helped him with his driving, and as he got his learner's permit on his birthday back in January, he was able to get his full licence in July. He bought himself a truck, a used Ford F-150 in a dark silver/gray colour. Paul and Dad get on really well, and I often invite Paul for dinner. For the first couple weeks Paul called Dad 'Chief Swan' before Dad sat him down and told him to call him Charlie. More recently, Dad sat Paul down again and told him he sees him as a son, that he is a part of our family, and he will always be there for anything he needs. I actually saw tears in Paul's eyes during that conversation, though he didn't let them fall, instead blinking rapidly to clear them. He told me afterwards that he really feels wanted and loved for the first time since his Gran died. I told him I feel wanted and loved with him and Dad, I never felt that in all the years with Mom and Bella.

I know that Paul is not a virgin, and he knows that I am. He told about his 'reputation' and how it came about and we have agreed that we are both happy to wait until we feel the time is right. That's not to say things haven't gotten heated; our make out sessions can get quite handsy but we haven't gone all the way... yet. I don't think it will be too much longer. We haven't told each other 'I love you' yet either, but that will definitely be very soon. I've loved him for months, I just haven't had the courage to say it, and I'm sure he feels the same.