The Challenge (part 2)

We walk towards the Dairy Queen shop on a corner of the mall. He takes my hand, making shivers run up and down my arm, and we walk up towards the counter.

"What can I get cha?" The lady says with a country accent.

"Umm, I'll have a number two please," Jared orders. I take a minute to look at my options.

"I'll take a number five," I place my order, "And a medium berry smoothie, please." I reach to take out my money to pay.

"No, I'll get it," Jared stops me and hands the lady his credit card.

"But.. you payed for my dress," I protest, as we walk over to the mall food tables.

"Well, then I'm treating you today." he smiles. I smile back at him and blush a little from how nice he's treating me. As we sit down, I notice he's wearing a tight dark blue shirt with a black leather jacket. He has his usual color of dark faded jeans that fit him perfectly.

"So tell me just how your going to prove my theory wrong?" I say thinking about the conversation earlier.

"Oh, you'll have to wait till tomorrow," he smirks. Nervous knots tie themselves in my stomach. A younger girl comes around the corner with our food.

"Whatever," I brush off his comment.

*************************************
"Thanks for everything," I say, getting out of his truck. "I had fun," I smile. After we ate, we walked around the mall for a few hours, talking. It wasn't like deep stuff, just small talk.

"I know," Jared smirks."Everyone always has fun with me," he winks.

"Don't get full of yourself. I meant I was enjoying myself, not the arrogant company I had," I retort.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," he smiles. I laugh a little and head up to my front door. It's dark out now and the starts are shinning bright. Oh no. There's no lights on in the house. I quickly pull out my phone and see I have a text.

Hey sweetie I had to work tonight. Sorry. I was hoping u could have a sleepover with Zamora. Thanks for understanding. Luv u!!!

Oh my god. What I am I going to do? My mom never left a house key under a rock or brush, because she was afraid someone would break in. I dug in my purse, hoping to find a spare key, but the odds are not in my favor.

I let out an exaggerated gasp. I don't want to see my friends tonight, because I haven't forgiven them yet for the whole Jayden thing. What am I going to do?

I'm locked out of my own house. Unbelievable. I look around, searching my mind for a way out of this. The windows!

I walk over to the front yard where there are a couple windows I could get through. I try lifting one up, but it doesn't work. I work my way to the last window with no luck. My mind is racing trying to figure a way to get into my own house, but nothing comes to me.

"Well, looks like someone needs help," a deep voice slices through the chilly summer night air. I nearly jump out of my skin and my heart stops. I spin on my heals to find Jared standing in his doorway only wearing a loose t-shirt and boxers.

"You scared the shit out of me!" I whisper shout.

"Sorry, princess," he smirks. "What are you still doing out here?" He asks. Did he just call me princess?

"I'm locked out," I grumble, a small blush covering my face and I look down at my feet. I hear a soft chuckle and some foot steps. I look up to see him holding his hand out to me. I gingerly take it, feeling his rough hand fit perfectly with my soft one. He walks me to his front door and I stop.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"You need a place to stay and I have a house," he smirks. He takes my hand and pulls me inside. White walls and colorful furniture decorate the living room we enter. The structure of his house is just like mine since our houses were built right next each other. The difference is the way the furniture is arranged and the the colors all over the house.

He leads me to a wooden staircase, just like mine, and we both head up to his room. His walls are painted a dark blue and he has black and white furniture. There's a desk in the corner and a bean bag chair in the other corner. I look out his sliding glass window into my room which is right across from his. I always wondered what his view of me was like.

"I have an extra t-shirt in my closet if you'd like and there's a bathroom right across from my door if you need," he nods at the door.

"Okay, I'll take that t-shirt," I say. He walks over to his closet and throws me a large grey shirt. I take it and walk over to the bathroom. Strip down to just leggings and a bra, then put the big t-shirt on.

I look in the mirror at myself. My wavy dark brown hair falls to the small of my back. I have to admit I look sexy right now. I smirk at myself then grab a wash rag to take my makeup off.

I finish up in the bathroom and walk into Jared's room again. He is laying on the bed, his eyes instantly jerking in my direction.

"Come on," he says, patting the space by him in bed.

"I'd rather take the floor," I sneer jokingly.

"Ouch," he says, smiling. I laugh and make my way over to the bed. I notice he's still wearing his shirt and I silently thank god that he's not going to be showy tonight.

As if he read my mind, a smirk creeps across his face and he pulls his shirt over his head. I roll my eyes and hop in bed.

"What? I get hot," he defends his actions. I laugh and lay down. I feel the bed lower beside me as Jared lays right behind me. He pulls the covers over us and snakes an arm around my waist.

"Goodnight kitten," he whispers and kisses the space behind my ear. Shivers run all around my body and I snuggle my back closer to him. His arm hugs me tighter and I smile. I've always wanted something like this.

*************************************