♛THREE♛

Differences

The demons that we hide away in our souls can only control us until we remind them that they are beneath us

✦✧✦

Trigger Warning: Abuse

✦✧✦

Twelve Years Ago

"Mom, I'm home!" Valeria yelled as she entered the house after spending the last few months in a training program. She threw her bag on the worn out couch before flopping down on the squeaky cushions.

Valeria had always been a gifted child. Her photographic memory and quick analysing skills had her graduating high school at an early age and before anyone could even guess, she was being contacted by great universities because of her several research works.

But for the next few months, she had decided to spend her time with her mom before she would have to inevitably throw herself back into her studies.

Especially now that Clint had been gone to boarding school for the last two years.

She had grown up in this house but it seemed like it was time for it to be refurnished. Wherever she looked, she would find something or the other in need for repair.

"Mom?" She called out again, wondering what was taking her mother so long.

When there was no response yet again, Valeria huffed and stood up, shrugging off of her jacket before she wrapped it around her arm and rushed upstairs. Leaving her school bag and jacket on her bed, she walked out and made her way to her mother's room.

She raised her hand to knock, "mom, are you alright?" She asked softly through the door.

There was no reply from inside and that made the girl frown in confusion.

She reached out to turn the knob when she heard a whimper from inside. Her eyes widened as she quickly turned the knob and thankfully, the door opened.

"Mom what happened—" her words got stuck in her throat when she rushed inside and saw her mother.

Horror gripped at her throat as she took in her mother's state. Her mother was almost unconscious, lying in a pool of her own blood, whimpering in pain due to the cuts from the glass shattered all around her.