♛TWENTY-TWO♛

Breathe Me In

She came like a pleasant gust of wind and blew all my worries away

✦✧✦

Valeria opened her eyes to the aroma of hot chocolate and pancakes being made in the kitchen.

She furrowed her brows as she heard soft 40s music playing in the living room.

Stretching her arms above her head, she stepped out of her bed before walking into the bathroom to freshen up and to check her appearance in the mirror.

Her hair, falling in carefree waves down till the base of her lower back seemed longer than before. She knew that she needed a hair cut.

She had slept wearing a pair of black shorts, reaching till her upper thighs and a black spaghetti strap top. She pulled her satin robe over her clothes which fell slightly longer than her shorts before she decided to walk towards the living area.

As soon as she stepped in, she was surprised to see Bucky standing in front of the stove, flipping pancakes and piling them onto a nearby plate.

The recipe book was open on the kitchen island while the fragrance of chocolate blueberry pancakes did nothing but remind Valeria that she was hungry beyond measure.

"Well, this is unexpected," she announced her presence as she came to sit behind the kitchen island, watching Bucky cook.

The fact that he wasn't wearing anything aside from his joggers was something that was causing Valeria to try really hard to make sure that she wasn't ogling at his bare back or naked chest.

He turned around, giving her a goofy smirk as he shrugged his shoulders before turning back to the stove again, "I woke up at the break of dawn, didn't know what to do for a few hours and then I came looking for something to eat but found the recipe book instead. Figured why not." He said in a carefree manner that warmed Valeria's heart.

This is exactly what she had been wanting for Bucky. She wanted him to feel safe. To be in his element. She wanted him to live peacefully.

And the longer she stared at him, the more beautiful the man in front of her seemed to become.

His brown tresses, kissed by the soft rays of sun that were entering through the floor to ceiling glass on their left, looked almost golden— falling till his shoulders. His muscles, seemingly carved by the gods themselves flexed with every single movement that he made. Light glinted off of his metal arm as Valeria noticed how he used it even more than his right one.