♛FOUR♛

The Attack

The past may hurt but it is what brings out the best in us, and the worst

✦✧✦

"Are you out of your mind, Nick?" Valeria snapped, not caring that they were surrounded by other poeple. At the moment, she was pissed at Nick and at herself for not realising this sooner.

Nick gave her a helpless expression, "look, Val, I know that you've worked for Shield for the better part of the last seven years and your contribution has been remarkable, but it was about time for us to prepare ourselves."

"Prepare for what, exactly?" Steve snapped from beside them as Valeria too crossed her arms on her chest, staring at the Director inquisitively.

"We took this step because of him!" Nick answered, pointing towards Thor.

"Me?" He asked in confusion and slight offense.

From that point on, an argument broke off between them all as Valeria stood and listened, occasionally interrupting.

"Need I remind you how Stark made his fortune?" Nick yelled and Valeria shot him a glare.

"Don't be such a hypocrite, Nick, the country has depended on Stark weapons since the dawn of time. You were the fuel that raised that empire and Tony saw the error of the old ways and stopped." Valeria spoke up earning a look of surprise and gratefulness from Tony.

"Yes and besides if Stark still made weapons, I'm sure he would be neck deep—"

Tony interrupted Steve, "I'm sorry, how is this about me now?"

Steve glared at him seethingly, "isn't everything?"

The argument continued on as Valeria fought the urge to scream at them all for being foolish.

"Are you boys really that naive?" Natasha berated but no one seemed to listen to her before Bruce was asked to leave the room again.

Valeria groaned, knowing that it was a bad idea and was only going to instigate him further.

"I'm sorry, you rented my room!"

Nick began to explain himself again, occasionally looking towards Valeria for help but she only stood there with her arms crossed on her chest as she glared at her mentor.

He had lied to her.

He was the one who taught her about the harsh realities of the world, even more so than what she already knew from her experiences with her own step-father.