♛FIVE♛

Reunion

Forgiveness does not come easy

Forgiveness does not come easy. Especially not when the crimes outweigh the remorse.

✦✧✦

"Do we know if he had family?" Valeria asked as she sat beside Steve and Tony at the conference table in the bridge.

Agent Coulson had died and even though Valeria had never had the chance to speak with the man, she had heard wonderful things about him and it saddened her to know what happened.

Loki had escaped.

Thor was gone.

And Hulk was in the wind.

In short, everything was fucked up and as of now, she did not know what they were going to do next.

In all her missions, she had never come across a situation like this. Usually, she went into her assignments head-first and with a clear plan of what she had to do.

But this time, when the god of mischief was concerned, all her training and instincts were betraying her and she was growing more irked by the second.

Not to mention the intense powers of the Tasseract rumbling in her veins, begging her to release them. She had to clench her fists to control herself.

"There was a cellist, I think." Tony mumbled before trailing off but Valeria wasn't listening.

She had her head almost bowing on the table as she clasped her hands together. The anger and the lack of control on the situation was making her powers go haywire.

"Val?" Nick Fury asked in alarm as he walked over to her side and placed his hand on her shoulder. Steve and Tony turned to look at her with concern. "What's happening?"

Valeria breathed deeply, trying to gain her senses once again as she released her hands and clutched the edge of the table instead. Cracking the surface of the glass.

"The powers." She croaked out before breathing deeply, "it's too much....Loki escaping, Phil dying, Clint..." She gasped out, feeling the physical pain of her powers coursing through her veins as her eyes turned blue.

Tony instantly stood up as he took Fury's place and placed his hands on her arms, "Val, look at me!" He said sharply and she tried to keep her eyes focused on his face.

She began to hyperventilate as Tony's words and actions seemed to her in slow motion.

"Val! We're gonna get through this." He said in a soft voice, "remember in college how you used to tell me that the bad guys always lose? How you used to fight off my bullies for me even when I didn't need you to?" She nodded, listening to his words intently, "I need you to focus. Focus on me. Focus on my voice, Val. We're gonna get through this. I promise."