♛ELEVEN♛

Grief

The harsh reality is that grief becomes a part of our identity after some time because we make changes in ourselves to cope with it better

✦✧✦

Trigger Warning: Nightmares, domestic violence.

✦✧✦

Valeria's screams echoed through the night as she staggerd backwards on the floor, scraping her elbows against the furniture.

"Oh, you know you can not run from me, sweetheart."

Valeria pushed herself backwards until her back hit the wall and she looked up at the man with a terrified expression.

She raised her hands to cover her face right at the moment he raised his hand with the end of his belt in it before he brought it down on her with full force, whipping her across her arm and all that echoed through the quiet night was her loud scream of agony.

A harsh beeping sound brought her out of the hell that she was stuck in as she sat up straight on her bed and her hand went straight to her arm, still feeling the sting.

She ran her hands down her face and breathed deeply for a few moments as she groaned in her hands before leaning over and shutting off her alarm.

The clock showed that it was 8:00 p.m. at the moment and looking out the small window in her apartment, she could see the evening lights of the city.

She swung her legs off from the bed before walking over to the kitchenette in her studio apartment and began to make coffee for herself.

In the meantime, she drank a glass of water and wiped off the sweat from her skin, even thought the air conditioning was fully operational in her place.

The nightmares still felt so vivid that for a moment, she always needed some seconds to reel herself back into reality. To remind herself that she wasn't in the same house that she grew up in. That she had left it all behind.

When the coffee was ready, she poured it in a black mug before walking over to the window as she placed her hand on top of it and looked out.

Right across the street from her, was an old bank building, smack in the middle of Washington.

She knew Bucky was inside. Her tracker that she had placed in his skin had told her that much. And from the last two days, she had been cooped up here, trying to figure out what the hell was controlling the Winter Soldier.