♛SIXTEEN♛

Trouble Knocks Again

We count our own faults and think that we aren't worth it

We count our own faults and think that we aren't worth it. But we also spend hours adoring fictional characters for their flaws, quirks, and failures. When will we realize that we are also the main character of our own lives and hence, the flaws that we have are worthy of our own admiration, if not anyone else's?

✦✧✦

"He's dangerous! I don't think he's the kind of man you save, Steve."

Valeria heard from outside the room before she kicked the door open and glared at Sam who was standing in front of Steve.

"Did anyone here ask your opinion on that, Sam?" She snapped at him, glaring heatedly.

"Who in hell are you?" Sam asked irritatedly, "and how do you even know my name?"

"Agent Valeria Barton." She replied before looking him down with a condescending stare, "you don't need to know the rest." She muttered before turning to Nick, "I am taking him with me." She deadpanned.

Nick groaned, taking his face in his hands while Steve exchanged confused glances with Natasha.

"Wait, you're talking about Bucky?" Steve blurted making Valeria roll her eyes.

"No, honey, I'm talking about a cat I found in the street."

Steve glared at her softly before exhaling, "and he's on board with it?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

She nodded, "I can't exactly abduct him kicking and screaming, you know?" She said and Steve, Nick, and Natasha, each gave her a look that said — we wouldn't put it past you.

Valeria rolled her eyes at them, shaking her head.

"Valeria, he's dangerous." Nick reminded her, his head was already bursting with the worry for the noirette standing in front of him. He gave Steve a regretful glance when the Captain shot him a glare, "no offense." He added to him, meekly.

Valeria scoffed. "I don't think that anyone's more dangerous than me, at this point, Nick." She muttered under her breath but they heard her perfectly clear, "besides, I know how to get Hydra's influence out of his mind. He deserves a shot at normalcy after spending most of his life facing horrors that none of us can imagine."

"What if they get to him?" Steve spoke up, "I want to come with you, I need to be there to keep him safe." He said with resignation.