iv

"Cobalt, contact the council. Let them know I'd like to speak with them." Riona hummed, the doors of her chambers having closed only seconds before. Adjusting her robes to make herself presentable, a hologram of the Jedi council members appeared around her, the young knight bowing. "Hello, masters."

"Good evening, young Orion. How are things on Kamino?" Master Windu hummed, leaning forward in his chair.

"Things are going smoothly, master. The Kaminoans have been very kind, and hospitable. Upon arrival I was met by prime minister Lama Su, and lady Nala Se, who is the lead scientist here. So far, nothing has seemed out of the ordinary." "The clones, what about?" "When I first arrived here, they seemed quite uncomfortable in my presence, and they weren't sure as to why I was here. All of their force signatures gave off unease and confusion, but as time has gone on, it's changed. The more time I spend with these squadrons, the more they seem to relax."

"What of their training? What are their strengths?" Master Secura asked, adjusting her robes somewhat. Clasping her hands behind her back, Riona stood just a little taller. "I have learned that they have simply focused on weapons training, a clone explaining that it is because of the droid army. The past few rotations we have been focusing on hand to hand combat, but they have been sparring with my R2 unit, and have all failed miserably. As for their strengths, despite these cadets being clones, they are all different from each other. Some of these men are quick on their feet, others incredible problem solvers, while some are natural leaders. Each one has a different personality, and it's incredible to see."

"Things should be done, how do you suggest?" Master Yoda hummed, causing all of the attention to be focused on him. The council absolutely was not prepared for him to ask that question, especially considering the fact that Riona was only a knight, and not a council member. Having been taken aback, she'd gathered herself and cleared her throat. "I believe that there are some clones who would work incredibly well with certain Jedi, and giving them the positions of captain and commander would be beneficial to our efforts."

"The job of assignment, you shall have." He'd nodded, not even bringing it up for discussion with the other council members, Master Windu not seeming to like the decision at all. "Need assignment first, council members do."

"Yes, master. I will find the best possible matches. I will also make absolutely sure that master Fisto's commander and battalion are trained and ready for underwater combat." She bowed, causing the Nautolan Jedi to grin, head tilted somewhat.

"You know the council well, my old apprentice. I look forward to seeing who you assign." Master Plo spoke up, causing her to turn to him and bow somewhat, Master Windu soon announcing the dismissal of the meeting. "Oh, and Master Kenobi, one more thing."

"Yes, young Orion?" He'd hummed, sitting upright in his chair, having been quiet during the meeting. Grinning, Riona offered a small bow before she spoke. "The Kaminoans have not forgotten about your visit to their world. I was asked to be more civilized upon arrival."

"That was not my fault." Master Kenobi huffed, and she could have sworn she heard Master Yoda chuckle before the hologram cut off

——»»»»☆««««——

"CC-3636, approach." Riona called out, currently working with a squadron of clones, having had the meeting with the Jedi council a few rotations ago. "Yes, sir!"

The clone made his way to the Jedi, immediately standing at attention and awaiting orders, this having become routine now. She would call out a clone, they'd have a conversation or simply stand there and look at each other. "At ease, cadet. How are you today?"

"I've been fine, sir." He responded, dropping his hand to his side. She was watching his body language, the man appearing calm and completely relaxed as he stood before her. This cadet always impressed her, the man keeping his face stoic and his emotions at bay, reminding her of a specific Jedi master. "How are you, General?"

"I've been alright, cadet." She hummed, offering a smile before she'd thrown a roundhouse kick towards his head. Without blinking, he'd blocked with his arm and quickly grabbed her ankle, pulling forward to knock her off balance. Stumbling, she'd let out a small yelp in surprise, the cadet soon swiping her feet out from underneath her and successfully knocking her onto the floor. Before she had any time to react, he'd gotten her into a locked position on the floor, one of his arms around her throat and the other around her arms. While his legs kept hers locked in place as well, he remained gentle with her. "I hope you're not going to be this gentle with your opponents on the battlefield, cadet."

"No, General, I will not. But you're my superior, as well as a woman, and I respect you." He'd slowly pulled away, standing and offering a hand to help her up. Taking it, Riona had rolled her eyes as she pulled herself to her feet. "I appreciate that, but, what if your opponent on the frontlines is a woman? What if she's out for blood?"

"Then the circumstances change, sir." He joined his squad, falling into line once more and placing his hands behind his back, standing tall. Looking the cadet over, she'd let out a hum, calling another over and beginning another sparring match. After a couple of hours she'd dismissed the squad, the men tired and in need of a break. "CC-3636, I'd like a word. Please stay behind a moment, and remain at ease."

"Yes, sir." He'd stopped in his tracks and turned towards her once more, the other members of his squad stopping at the door to wait for their brother. Riona had moved to sit on the floor, on her knees in the meditation position, waving a hand for him to join her. "Please, sit."

Any other clone would have been hesitant, but this man simply mimicked her position without a second thought, hands resting on his thighs as he looked to her. As she waited a moment before speaking, she felt for his force signature, the cadet still relaxed and feeling confident. "Your skills have come a long way, and you've become an exemplary student. You're quick, intelligent, and quiet, like a wolf. The Grand Army of the Republic would be incredibly happy to have a soldier like you. I am going to contact the Jedi Council, and recommend your number to be assigned to one of the council members. I imagine you'd work incredibly well with Master Plo Koon, and I'd like to think you and I would make a good team, as well. I look forward to seeing your squad take the citadel test."

He sat quietly for a moment, taking in what the woman had said, and slowly nodded. "Thank you, General. I hope to not disappoint, and make you proud."

"I believe you will, sweetheart. You are dismissed, get some food and good rest." She smiled, the cadet nodding as he stood, slowly walking towards his brothers. "Good evening, General."

"Good evening, trooper."