xv

"Thank you, my friend, but I can take it from here." Riona mumbled, jumping off of the Pamarthen lion's back. He'd turned to her, and she gently stroked the side of his face before turning towards the platoon of droids. They simply stood, talking amongst themselves, completely unaware of the woman's arrival.

"Whoever thought it was a good idea to use droids as soldiers, obviously wasn't the brightest." She called out, the battle droids' heads whipping around to see who was speaking.

"Jedi!" One screamed, and in unison they'd all drawn their weapons, blaster bolts flying. In less than a second she'd grabbed her sabers and ignited them, deflecting their own gunfire back at them. It wasn't long before they were all down, though another, larger wave was making their way over through the jungle, Riona huffing as she opened up the com-channel. "I need some help on the main island! There's a ton of droids coming for me at the prime minister's temple."

"We're coming, General." Rex called out, followed by Plo Koon. "Obi-wan and I have met, we are headed to your location."

"Be quick, I'm going inside to find Ventress."

"Riona, you can't take her on alone!" Obi-wan sounded a slightest bit panicked, but she didn't acknowledge it, her Pamarthen blood getting the best of her. Lightsabers drawn, she'd ran into the large building, able to feel the determination of the the planet's leader, as well as the dark presence radiating off of the Sith assassin. Letting this lead her, she'd soon burst into the prime minister's chambers, Ventress holding the woman up in a force choke.

"Let her go, Ventress. Your armies have been defeated, you have lost this battle." Riona kept her voice steady as she spoke, the Dathomirian turning to her with a scowl.

"Well, I don't believe we've met before." She'd purred, releasing her prey and letting her fall to the ground. "But I always do enjoy getting new toys."

"Surrender, and I will consider letting you leave this planet with your life."

"And here I thought killing wasn't the Jedi way." Ventress pouted, stepping over and gently playing with Riona's long ponytail, the woman simply looking her in the eyes.

"Trust me, it won't be by my hands." As if on queue, the loud roar of a Pamarthen lion sounded, the building around them shaking.

"The chosen one," The prime minister gasped, staring up at the Jedi from her place on the floor, though it didn't seem to phase the assassin.

"You'll have to catch me to turn me into lion food." She growled, igniting her red plasma blades. Before she'd gotten the chance to move, Riona had swung her sabers, Ventress barely able to block the hit. For a split second she'd felt shock radiating off of her opponent, but it quickly dissolved and was replaced with anger as she used the force to throw the Jedi against the wall.

"Stay hidden, your excellency!" Riona yelled, pushing back enough through the force that she never collided with the wall. Turning quick on her heel, she'd followed the sith through the corridors. "I never would've thought Asajj Ventress a coward."

"I am no such thing!" Working right into the Jedi's ploy, she'd turned and swung her blades, which were effectively blocked, bright purple sparks flying.

"Then why are you running? Afraid of losing, again?" This time it was the Pamarthen's turn to purr, voice sweet as she spoke, distracting her just enough with her own anger to slide their sabers apart. Taking advantage, Riona swiped at one of her legs, nicking her blade right where the knee bent, releasing an agonizing scream.

"You will be the one to lose this war. You and the entirety of the Republic!" Now they were locked in battle, blades clashing and colliding in every direction. The two were nearly evenly matched, the Jedi having the slightest bit more experience with her dual sabers, having been steadily pushing her opponent back until they'd made it outside. Glancing up, she'd realized that her lion had been protecting the entrance of the temple, and was now watching as the Republic forces tore through the battle droids.