xxxiv

"I'm tired." Riona mumbled, cuddled up into Plo Koon's side as they laid in his quarters on the Triumphant, the Kel Dor's flagship. Obi-wan had been called out to an assignment, so the woman's old master had offered to escort her and Clone Force Ninety-nine back to Kamino. She had requested that they remained based on their home planet due to their enhanced abilities, though didn't mention that it was also for Wrecker's sanity. He hadn't gotten much sleep while on Coruscant, the poor man not comfortable with the unfamiliarity.

"How long has it been since you've had decent sleep?" He hummed, lightly running his long fingers over her spine, the woman laying with her head on his chest.

"I don't know." She sighed softly, eyes closing as her muscles relaxed. Ever since she'd been assigned to Kamino, Riona has worked nonstop. This was the first time she'd properly stopped to take a breather, and even now she was being forced to. Including during the celebration on Pamarthe, she didn't relax much, having kept an eye on the members of the 501st the entire time. "It's been a while."

"Well that'll just have to be fixed, won't it?"

"How do you propose that's done?"

"Meditation, my dear. If you meditate before laying down to sleep, it'll help relax you and you can reach a deeper level of slumber." His voice had slowly grown softer as he spoke, his fingers trailing over her shoulders and arm. He really just wanted her to relax, he could sense the stress she was under, feel it in her shoulders.

"I'll have to remember that." She'd spoken through a yawn, covering her mouth with her hand as her eyes squeezed shut, turning her head away from him. Readjusting somewhat, she'd nuzzled her cheek against his chest, an arm draped over him. It wasn't much longer before she'd become heavier against his side, her breathing slow and steady. Glancing down, he couldn't help but smile somewhat at the sight of her relaxed features.

"Or, maybe you just needed your dad." He murmured quietly, gently pulling her sleeping figure closer. He was more than happy to lay with her, and when there was a knock on the door he immediately checked to make sure it hadn't disturbed her. Watching her for a moment to ensure she was still asleep, he'd waved a hand and used the force to open the door, revealing his commander.

"General, we are needed on the bridge, per request of Admiral Coburn." Wolffe removed his helmet, raising an eyebrow upon seeing the position the two Jedi were in.

"I'm afraid the admiral is going to have to wait for my appearance, seeing as I am being used for a pillow. Please let him know that I will remain in my quarters until further notice."

"Yes, sir."

——»»»»☆««««——

Riona walked down the corridor, still half asleep as she made her way to the mess. She'd slept incredibly well, Plo having had to wake her up after a few hours, her body not having been ready. Her mind was foggy and movements not as fast as usual, the woman incredibly groggy. As she'd entered the mess hall, covering her mouth as she yawned, she heard multiple footsteps approaching. Simply continuing on her path to the caffeine dispenser, she'd let them trail behind her.

"General Orion, it's ni-" The trooper was cut off with a raised hand from Riona, the man frowning, he and his companion sharing confused expressions. After getting her drink, she'd leaned against the counter and took in a slow sip, eyes closed, not bothered by the temperature. Taking a moment to let the caffeine take effect, she'd soon looked up to see Comet and Wildfire, giving a small nod. "Hello, boys."

"I- Is it- Is it safe now?" Wildfire whispered, almost afraid to speak to her now, eyeing Comet.

"It's nice to see you again, sir." He'd spoken slowly, the woman holding back a snort. "It's nice to see you, as well."

"General." Wildfire gave a small nod, the man having relaxed immensely. Comet should have known better than to speak to her before she'd gotten caffeine into her system, though the other trooper was another story. Wildfire was part of the earlier generation of clones, and had graduated into the army before she'd been assigned to Kamino. Being on the flagship was really the first time she'd truly gotten to interact with him.

"Wildfire," She smiled, head tilted somewhat as she looked over his features. "How's my old cadet treating you now that he's commander?"

"Serving under Wolffe has been a pleasure, sir." "I'm glad to hear that." "General Orion, we were wondering if you'd like to sit with us and the rest of the Wolfpack?" Comet interjected, the Jedi taking another drink from her cup before answering. "I'd love to, honey."

"Follow me." He'd grinned, the two troopers leading her to a table near the large window. The blue light of hyperspace illuminated the men's faces, Sinker grinning upon seeing the woman, immediately standing. "General!"

"Hey, sweetheart." She'd smiled, gently pulling him into a hug and grinning at Boost over his shoulder, the man giving a small nod. "Have you guys met my boys, yet?"

"Yeah. They're definitely.. interesting." Wildfire hummed, the small group soon seated.

"That they are, but they're also capable of great things. I believe they're a great addition to our fight."

"Let's hope so. The way things have been going, we might need it." Boost muttered, taking a bite of his food.

"I heard that Dooku is stepping up his game with the droids." "Yeah, there's newer tactical droids, and these things can learn as they go." "The droids can learn?" She raised an eyebrow, holding her cup to her chest, always cold on the cruisers.

"Apparently." Comet sighed, the man suddenly jumping out of his seat, eyes wide.

"What is your-" Riona frowned, though as soon as she heard a familiar string of mischievous chirps and whirrs she'd realized what was wrong. Turning, she'd seen her astromech approaching, heading right towards the trooper. "Oh, Cobalt, did you miss your favorite target?"

"Why'd you have to bring that thing?" He huffed, flinching as one of the droid's arms popped out, the R2 unit holding it out to him.

"I think he wants a truce." Sinker teased his brother, chuckling. "Give him a good ole' handshake."

"I don't trust it!" "Don't be a loth cat! It's just a droid." Groaning, Comet hesitantly reached out and took the grabber in his hand, yelping as the droid electrocuted him. As he'd kicked the blue and copper droid, it let out a series of beeps that could only be described as a laugh.

"I'm sorry, General, but I hate your droid."

"Well, he loves you, so."