xiii

"Alright, Obi-wan is going to conta-" Riona was cut off by a scream, sharing a quick look with Rex and Hardcase before they'd began running. Using the force, she'd followed the feeling of fear, a massive wave of it coming from the west.

"Follow me!" She commanded, her pace quickening significantly. It was almost difficult for the troopers to keep up with her, but when she'd finally slowed they'd nearly plowed her over. Looking around, she'd realized that they were now deep in the jungle, the greenery around them grown incredibly thick. Examining the area around them, she'd found a trail of cut down branches and plants, gesturing for them to follow.

"General, how do you know where we're going? Do you know where they are? Are they okay?" Hardcase questioned almost frantically, Rex huffing. "Shut it and let the Jedi focus, trooper."

"O-Oh, right." He'd given a small nod, biting his lip to keep from speaking again. They'd walked for another few minutes before she'd stopped once more, letting out a sigh as she looked up. Hanging up in the trees above them, trapped in a large net made of vines, were six troopers. They were all piled on top of each other, quietly bickering about whose fault it was that they'd been caught.

"I almost wanna leave them up there." Riona mumbled with a smirk, shifting to cross her arms.

"I don't even wanna know what happened," Rex sighed, shaking his head. "How are we gonna get them down?"

"I have a grapple for my gun?" Hardcase offered, Riona shaking her head. "No, they'll hear it. I've got an idea, though."

"I feel like I should be afraid of your plans." "I'm not Skywalker, Rex. They'll be safe." She rolled her eyes, unclipping one of her saber hilts and using the force to raise it up into the trees, the troopers still having no idea anyone was near as they continued to argue. As soon as the hilt was level with where the rope was tied to the tree branch, she'd ignited the blade. The men all looked up at the sound, but as the net began to lay open and fall, they'd all grabbed onto each other as they screamed. Just before they collided with the ground, Riona caught them all in a force grasp, gently laying them down on the jungle floor.

"Believe it or not, you non-observant fools actually found something useful." She hummed, clipping the saber hilt to her belt after she'd brought it back down. Walking over, she'd began helping the troopers up. "Everyone alright?"

"Yes, general. Just a little shook up is all." "What do you mean we found something useful?"

"This net you all got caught up in? It means we're near a village." She hummed, turning to her captain. "Rex, contact the rest of the battalion. Have them meet with us here."

"Yes, sir."

——»»»»☆««««——

"Master Fisto, the machinery is large, and I'm sure they have aquatic droids." Riona frowned, standing away from the camp that the troopers had set up, speaking to the other Jedi through the holographic communications system.

"I think between the four of us, we can handle this fight fairly well." He'd hummed, smiling confidently.

"We can only hope." Obi-wan mumbled, running a hand through his hair. "This landscape is proving to be difficult to work with."

"We can manage, though. With Kit underwater and us on land, I think they won't know what to do with themselves. Even if we keep the battles on the beaches."

"Your optimism may be wrongfully placed, Riona. Keep that in mind. It is possible that they are expecting an attack like this." Plo Koon had given her a look, the woman shaking her head. "I don't think so, master. While Captain Rex and I were standing on the beach, it didn't appear like they knew we were here. I believe our tactic of coming in from behind the planet, away from the blockade, has proven successful."