♡ percy magically generates a study drive

•••••I was awoken by the lovely feeling of getting nudged in the stomach by Annabeth Chase's foot

I was awoken by the lovely feeling of getting nudged in the stomach by Annabeth Chase's foot. 0/10 would recommend. Of course she was the first one up.

I sat up groggily and saw Percy digging through a suitcase of clothes across the room.

"Morning, Birdbrain," I yawned and stretched.

"Morning, Beauty Queen. You better hop in the shower before Percy does because we all know he takes decades in there."

I nodded and stood up. I walked over to my suitcase of clothes. Well more like four suitcases of clothes. Hey, I inherited my mothers dire need of shopping sprees. I picked out a simple outfit of jeans and an orange Camp Half-Blood hoodie. I looked over and saw that Annabeth was also wearing her camp shirt along with black leggings and a denim jacket. I made my way for the bathroom.

When I came out, Percy was standing by the door impatiently.

"About time," he said as he dashed into the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

"It was only like 15 minutes?" I mumbled.

Annabeth pounded on the door.

"You have 30 minutes, Seaweed Brain! If you're not done in 30, I will personally drag you out regardless if you're dripping wet or not!"

• • • • •

Miraculously, Percy was indeed done in 30 minutes. When he came out he also was wearing his orange camp t-shirt so all three of us will probably look like a trio of  Sharpie highlighters cruising through the halls of a high school.

Anyways.

I laced up my combat boots and we headed out the door to the bus stop.

When we got there, we saw a few teenagers in black school uniforms. I assumed these were some Karasuno people.

Percy looked at them all nervously like 'these might be my future classmates what if they hate me'.

I put my hand on his shoulder which caused him to ease up a bit. The bus came and we got on.

If you haven't counted already, there are three of us. Me. Percy. Annabeth. On a typical bus, there are only two seats. Two is an even number. Three is an odd number. Odd numbers can't be put into pairs without there being one reject. The three of us did a quick game of rock paper scissors to see who that reject would be.

Said reject turned out to be me. I took this as a personal affront.

Annabeth and Percy sat down in the row in front of me. I slumped in my seat and plugged in my earbuds. And, oh yeah, the wireless ones. If I was going to wallow, I choose to wallow the rich way.

As I was sulking in my loneliness, I heard a faint voice to my left. I took my earbud out and looked up to see a tall boy with black hair that fell around his blue eyes. He was wearing a black school uniform just like the other people on the bus.

"Sorry I didn't catch that," I said.

   As I looked up, his eyes widened for a second, as if intimidated, and his cheeks flushed. I've gotten used to this reaction. Stupid intimidating Aphrodite aura.

"Oh, I just asked if anyone was sitting here," he repeated, not meeting my eyes.

I shook my head and he sat down.

This was when my earbuds decided to die. Again, I took this as a personal affront.

  With nothing to do, I decided to activate my amazing people skills. That was sarcasm. I was being sarcastic if you couldn't tell.

  "Those black uniforms. What school are they from?" I asked.

  The boy jumped and turned to me, sipping a carton of strawberry milk. I immediately scolded myself for talking.

  "Karasuno," he replied.

  "Ah, thought so," and for some reason I just kept speaking, "We're gonna talk to the vice principal about my friend attending there."

  Nice, y/n it's not like he's gonna care you special grade idiot.

  "The vice principal wears a toupee—" he blurted out.

  I blinked at him.

  "Ohhh-kay," I replied awkwardly

• • • • •

So the gods decided to prove they had some decency and we pulled up into the school before long. I quickly stood up, nodded to the moppy haired boy, and joined Percy and Annabeth on a walk to the school.

Pro tip: don't wear bright orange with your three friends to a place you've never been before. The amount of stares we all got was enough to make a gorgon cry.

Pro tip #2: just because Annabeth is the daughter of the goddess of wisdom, does not mean she constantly possesses wisdom. Homie had no idea where she was going. We walked around for a good 20 minutes before Annabeth swallowed her pride and asked a boy for directions to the teachers lounge.

He was lanky and tall and wore glasses along with headphones around his neck. Real 6th grade energy. When Annabeth first spoke to him, he sized her up as if he found her blonde hair far inferior to his own.

"Guy looks kinda like Jason," Percy whispered to me while Mr.Off-Brand-Beats-Headphones gave Annabeth directions.

He was referring to Jason Grace, former
praetor of Camp Jupiter, the Roman demigod camp. Boyfriend of my sister, Piper. And I guess I could see it. They had the same close cut blonde hair and they both wore glasses. However, Jason was a little more well built and approachable.

After all that, Annabeth led us to the teachers lounge and introduced us to the vice principal.

"Uhh, no Sally Jackson?" he said as he scratched his toupee— I mean head, "I spoke with Sally Jackson on the phone."

Annabeth nudged me with a face that read 'crap , crap, crap' all over it. Nice. Have your friend figure out the problems you didn't think about beforehand.

I sighed and began to charmspeak.

"I'm sorry, Miss Sally Jackson couldn't make it today but don't worry it's okay it's normal for three teenagers to handle adult ordeals when it comes to their education."

The principal agreed with a very confused look on his face. He began talking with us (well mostly Annabeth) about the school and the curriculums and activities they provided (I was spacing out) he talked about various rules and policies (Percy and I saw a funny looking motivational poster and were snickering about it) and other important stuff like that.

  He then handed Annabeth a packet of papers.

  "These are most of the things that will pop up on the exams. As you look through them, most of it is just things you should have already learned about in America." Annabeth nodded and bowed. We did the same.

  We left the school and had katsu for lunch before heading home. Percy wouldn't stop looking at the packet.

• • • • •

  Once we got home, Percy sat both Annabeth and I down and demanded we quiz him. He wasn't completely hopeless. He knew a good chunk of history and science. Math he was pretty decent at. It was just language arts. Dyslexia already made the English language hard for him. Now throw Japanese and kanji into the mix. Even Annabeth and I barely made it through that section of the Aoba Johsai exam.

  The next day and a half was basically drilling facts into Percy's head and unpacking. I'll give it to the Kelp Head, he's determined. Like really determined. By the end of Saturday, we believed he had a chance.

  Of course, it all depended on how he performed the next day.