♡ oikawa makes himself a promise

•••••  Oikawa sat at his desk, doodling nothing in particular on his notes

  Oikawa sat at his desk, doodling nothing in particular on his notes. Despite how popular he was, here he was on a Saturday with no plans. How utterly unfair. He was considering going out for a jog when his phone began to ring. He peered over to look at the illuminated screen.

Incoming call from Iwa.

He reached for his phone and tapped on the green answer button.

"Iwa-chan?" he responded lazily.

"Crappykawa let's go to the girls' volleyball practice match," suggested (actually, more like demanded) Iwaizumi's voice through the phone.

Oikawa blinked a few times at the wall. Why did Iwa show a sudden interest in the girls volleyball team ? Did he miss something?

"Uh... is there a reason?" the volleyball captain ventured.

"Well I know you're probably sitting and doing nothing so thought I'd ask."

"Jeez, what are you doing, looking outside my window!?" exclaimed the brunette.

"No, you idiot I just know you too well!" Iwaizumi barked.

"Well if there's no specific reason you want to go to the game, we can just call Matsukawa and Makki and do something with them—"

He was cut off by a sort of stressed out growl from the other end of the phone.

  "Just come to the game with me," Iwaizumi said.

  "Is there a girl you're keen on seeing, Iwa?" Oikawa teased.

  Silence from the other end.

  "Kinda."

  "Oooo," Oikawa sang, "who's this mystery girl?"

  "Shut up it's not like that, Stupidkawa," the ace huffed, "You know how the girls team isn't really talked about right?"

  "Of course," said the setter cheerfully, "Their captain is good and all but not the pleasantest person. She refuses to admit she had a crush on me back in our first year."

  "She didn't, though?," Iwaizumi replied.

  "You don't know that."

  "Whatever. Anyways, people have been talking more and more about them lately. I don't really care about that part. Good for them. But what interests me is that it's because of a duo of first-years. Apparently 'they're so good, it's inhumane'. I wanna see them for myself."

  The volleyball captain considered this. He didn't relish the idea of seeing not one, but two prodigies. There was already that annoying Tobio-chan. However, part of him wanted to go and see for himself as well, though he wasn't exactly sure why. To fuel his hate maybe? To see what he was up against?