Chapter 1 - Training camp

y/n POV

We are on our lunch break and I walk into the cafeteria. I see Hinata and sit down next to him. 'Hey sunshine boy!' I say. 'Hi, y/n.' He says. 'Oh Kiyoko said she needed to talk to you about our upcoming training camp.' Hinata says. 'Oh sounds interesting. I'll go find her once I'm done eating.' I say. 'So anyway we've got this training camp coming up with all kinds of other teams. We've played against some of them before and they're super good, I'm super excited!' Hinata is so excited, it's adorable. 'That's awesome, I'm so excited for you!' I immediately get super excited too.

I've been feeling so happy lately. I had some really hard times last year. I felt empty and lonely. It went on for almost the entire school year. But about two months before break, my dad gave me his photo camera, he said he didn't need it anymore. I started taking pictures of everything. Kiyoko noticed how much I enjoyed taking pictures and got me an interview with the school paper at the beginning of this year. Things started to look up again, even though I still struggle with anxiety. On my first day working for the school paper I was asked to take some pictures of the volleyball team. That's how I met Hinata. He kind of made me see the brighter side of life again. And now about four months later, here I am.

Hinata POV

I really like y/n. I know she had a hard year last year but she's been really happy lately. I'm so excited for our upcoming camp. It's an amazing opportunity to practice. We will be gone for an entire week! The rest of the volleyball team joins us. They all know y/n since she comes to take pictures of us during practice pretty often. 'Kageyama, we should practice together for the camp.' 'Yeah.' Kageyama says. 'I'm going to go find Kiyoko.' Y/n says. 'Okay see you later.' I say. I can tell she's really excited. I love how we can be crazy and excited together. We always walk to school together and everyday on our way back we tell each other the best moment of our day. She also bakes the best (insert fav pastry). Oh my, I love those so much. Her music is also really awesome and she takes really cool pictures.

Y/n POV

I walk up to Kiyoko. 'Hey, Hinata said you wanted to talk to me.' 'Oh hey y/n, yeah I actually want to ask you something. Hinata probably told you about the camp right?' 'Yeah of course.' 'Okay so I was talking to the head of the school paper, and he said he wanted to cover this camp in the paper and he wants you to come with us and take pictures!' 'Omg, really! I would love to come!' 'He's going to tell you this afternoon but I just couldn't wait.' I can't believe I'm going to the training camp. Then the bell rings. 'I have to go to class.' Kiyoko says. 'Yeah me too, see ya!' I walk down the hallway and check my phone. Then I see an email from the head of the school paper. It says we have a meeting this afternoon. I think I know what that's going to be about.

--- time skip to the meeting ---

'Okay, welcome everyone to this meeting. Today I wanted to brainstorm with you for our next paper. I'm going to split you up in three groups and you can discuss some ideas with each other. O and y/n I need to talk to you for a second.' The head of the school paper says. 'Okay.' I say. I know what this is about. While the others are discussing I walk up to the head. 'Hey you wanted to talk to me?' 'Yes, the volleyball team is going on a training camp next week and want the paper to cover it. I want you to go to the training camp and take pictures for the piece. I also want you to write down some basic lines about how the training camp works and what kind of teams there are okay?' 'Yes I would love to do that.' I immediately get excited again just talking about it. 'Y/n, you can leave now go prepare. I will send you an email with all the info you need.' 'Okay, thanks for this opportunity.' 'Bye y/n.' I walk out of the meeting room and check the time. I still have about twenty minutes before volleyball training ends. I can go surprise the guys and tell them I'm coming to the training camp. I walk into the gym and sit down. I wave to Hinata. He smiles at me. I read the email with the information about the camp. We'll be gone the whole week, I hope my parents are okay with this.

Third person pov

Hinata and Kageyama are still practicing their quick attack. All the other boys are already drinking water and talking about the camp. Y/n grabs her camera and takes a few pictures of the quick attack. Then coach Ukai calls all the guys together. 'Okay, so as all of you know there's another practice camp next week. We know it's a kind of last minute, since it's already Thursday, but the principal approved so we're good to go. Anyway, that's it for today guys. You'll get the day off from practice tomorrow. I will see you all saturday.' Coach Ukai walks away, but before the guys can go y/n jumps up. She walks up to the guys. 'Hey everyone.' She says. 'Hey' 'I have some exciting news. I'm coming with you to the training camp!' 'Really!? That's awesome!' Hinata says. 'Yeah the school paper wants to write a piece about it. They asked me to come to take pictures and write some things about the camp and the other teams.' 'That's great y/n. It's going to be a lot of fun.' Sugawara says.

The guys go to shower and get changed. Y/n waits for Hinata so they can walk home together. Coach Ukai walks up to her. 'Hey, so you're also coming to the camp hah?' He asks. 'Yep, it's for an article.' Y/n says. 'Sounds fun. If you ever want to ask me some questions about the camp just let me know.' Ukai says. 'I will, thank you.' She says.

Y/n POV

Hinata walks back into the gym. I grab my bag. 'Let's go.' I say. 'Yeah sounds good.' Sugawara walks towards us. 'Can I join?' He asks. 'Of course.' I say. We walk out of the gym. 'So what was your favorite moment of today?' Hinata asks me. 'I'm surprised you have to ask.' I say, 'the moment I got invited to the training camp of course!' My face lights up. 'What about you?' I ask Hinata. 'The moment we got told about the training camp.' He says. I laugh. Sugawara looks a little confused. 'You okay there Suga?' I ask. 'Yeah, it's just why are you asking questions with such an obvious answer?' 'Oh you see, we do this everyday. Most days the answer isn't as obvious.' 'Oh that's actually kind of cool.' Suga says. 'Well this is me.' I say, 'see you tomorrow.' 'Bye y/n.' Suga and Hinata say.

I walk into the living room. My mom is sitting in the kitchen and reading a magazine. I hear classical music playing in the background. My mom always listens to classical music for some reason. I'm pretty nervous about asking her if I can go to the training camp. 'Hey mom, how are you?' 'Hi sweetie, I'm okay. What about you?' 'Well, I had a meeting for the school paper this afternoon. They asked me to go to the volleyball training camp for an article.' 'Oh when is the camp?' 'Next week, leave on Saturday. If you let me go of course.' I say, looking at her with my puppy eyes. 'For how long will you be gone?' My mom asks. 'The entire week.' I answer. 'Well, your grades are really good. And I know how much you love working for the school paper and how much you love the volleyball team. Will Kiyoko be there?' 'Yes.' I say. 'Well as long as she's there to look out for you I suppose you can go. I do have to check with your dad, but I'm sure he'll be okay with it.' 'Thank you mom!' I say. I give her a big hug.

A/N

Hey everyone, this was the first chapter. I hope you liked it. In the next chapter the training camp will start and Kenma will be in the story. I will try to upload regularly. Have a good day everyone!