Chapter 5 - The day after

Y/n pov

I wake up. It's 7.00 am. I get up and take a shower. Oh fuck I'm tired. As I let the warm water hit my face I think about last night. I had a lot of fun with Kenma, he's an awesome person. I definitely have a crush on him. I put on some clothes and walk to the common room. I see Hinata. He's sitting with some guys from our own team and from Nekoma. Kenma is also sitting there. I sit down across from Kenma, next to Hinata. He's also tired. I can see it on his face. 'Good morning everyone.' I say. Kenma looks up from his game and his eyes meet mine. 'Hi y/n.' He says softly. Then he returns to his game. Kuroo is a little confused. He's sitting next to Kenma. He looks at Kenma, then at me, and then back at Kenma. 'Are you okay Kuroo?' I ask. 'Yeah, it's just I never heard you two talk before and Kenma never talks to people he doesn't know.' Kuroo says. 'Hmm yeah we ran into each other last night.' I say.

'Anyway, how is my sunshine boy doing this morning?' I ask, turning myself towards Hinata. 'I can't believe it's our third day here already!' Hinata says. He's right though. We arrived here Saturday, which was also our first day of the camp. Yesterday was Sunday and today it's Monday. We leave on Saturday. Friday is our last full day here, in the morning there will be some matches and in the afternoon we will be going to the beach. Then someone taps on my back. 'Sugawara, hey.' 'Hi y/n, how are you doing today?' Suga asks. 'Really good.' I say. He knows I mean it, he can read me without even trying. 'That's good to hear y/n.' He walks away.

Kenma's pov

'Okay guys, I'm going to go to the gym and set up my camera and stuff. See you later!' Y/n says. She gets up and walks away, leaving me alone with Kuroo. 'So you ran into her last night hah?' He asks. 'Yeah I was playing games in the kitchen and she came in to make some tea.' I say. I don't even look up from my switch. 'And...?' Kuroo asks. 'And what?' I ask. 'And what else happened?' Kuroo asks. 'Oh we talked for a bit.' I say. 'So do you still like her?' Kuroo asks. This guy. 'Even more than before last night.' I say. 'Well she might like you too.' Kuroo says. 'Egh I don't think so.' I say. put my switch away and get up. 'We should go to the gym.' I say. I walk into the gym. Y/n is already there, obviously. She looks at me, our eyes meet. She smiles, I smile back. This is crazy, I don't smile at people. Well, except for Hinata, but still. This girl is driving me crazy. Today we're playing against Karasuno, perfect.

--- time skip to after the game ---

We won the game! Volleyball is the only thing that can distract from y/n at this point. It took me a while to get into the game tho, but I did it. I walk off of the court toward my water bottle. 'Well done Kenma!' I look up. 'Oh thanks y/n.' There she is again. I walk to the common room, it's time for lunch. I sit down next to Kuroo. 'Kuroo, I don't know what to do. I really like y/n.' I say. I'm really desperate at this point.

Y/n pov

I'm sitting at a table with guys from Karasuno. They're all pretty bummed out because they lost. Sugawara is sitting next to me. 'How are you doing y/n?' 'Oh I'm okay. A little confused tho. What about you?' 'I'm doing okay. Why are you confused?' Sugawara asks. Oh well there's no use in hiding my crush from him, he would find out anyway. 'Ehm I couldn't sleep last night, so I went to the kitchen to make some tea at like 02.00 am. Kenma was sitting in the kitchen, playing games. We started talking, and we talked for like two hours. I think I might have a crush on him.' I say. Sugawara smiles at me. 'That's great y/n. I personally don't really know Kenma very well, but I know Hinata really likes him. He told me Kenma is really nice. Do you know if he likes you?' Suga asks. 'No I don't, I know he likes someone, but he wouldn't tell me who it is.' I say. 'Oh yeah, last night during truth or dare, I forgot.' Suga says. 'Well I'm going to go practice, keep me updated okay?' Suga says. 'You know I will.' All of the guys leave the table. I grab my laptop. It's time for some editing. I look at all the pictures I took. I look around the room, I'm completely alone. I decide to go sit in the gym, it's boring here. I get up and sit down on one of the benches. This one is in front of the middle court, I can see everyone from here. I see Kenma practicing with Lev, it's cute. I grab my camera and take a picture of them.

--- time skip to somewhere around 05.00 pm ---

Kenma's pov

I'm so tired I decided to stop practicing a bit early today. I walk down the hall, past the dorm where y/n sleeps. I hear the sound of a guitar, and I hear someone singing. I look through the door, it's y/n. She is sitting on a mattress playing (insert fav song). I love that song. She doesn't notice me, so I just keep looking at her. Before I know it she plays the last chord. I start clapping. She looks up, she's a little shocked. 'That sounded really beautiful y/n.' I say. Her cheeks flush with red. 'Oh well ehm thanks Kenma.' She says. I sit down next to her. 'Can you play me another song?' I ask. 'Ehm yeah sure, what do you want me to play?' She asks. 'Ehm maybe (insert another fav song)' 'Yeah sure, I love that song.' She starts playing. Her voice is beautiful, and I can tell she's really passionate about making music. I feel like I'm dreaming. I don't ever want this moment to pass, I just want to stay here forever. She plays the last chord. I start clapping again. 'I know you want to be a journalist but you would also be a good musician.' I say. 'Thanks Kenma, that means a lot to me.' We just stare at each other for a second. '

So how was your day?' Y/n asks while putting her guitar away. 'Oh it was fine, I'm just really tired from staying up so late. What about you?' I ask. 'Yeah same, do you want to see the pictures I took today?' 'Yeah sure.' She grabs her laptop. She took a lot of pictures of the Karasuno guys. 'Okay look this one I took when your team scored the winning point. You're smiling see?' I look at the picture. 'It's a nice picture y/n.' I say. 'Wait look I also took a picture of you and Lev practicing together. You look so frustrated I thought it was kind of funny.' Y/n says. 'Yeah Lev always lays down on the floor after two minutes of practicing.' I say. Y/n starts laughing.

Kuroo's pov

I walk down the hall. I hear laughing coming from the girls' dorm. I look through the door, it's y/n and Kenma. They look really cute together. 'Hey you guys, what's up?' I say. I sit down next to y/n. 'Oh Kenma was just telling me about practicing with Lev.' Y/n says. She looks at Kenma. Kenma looks back at her. 'Well anyway I should help get dinner ready, see you later guys!' And with that y/n walks away. I look at Kenma. 'You really like her don't you?' I ask. 'Yeah I really do.' Kenma's eyes even sparkled a little when he looked at her. 'You should ask her out, Kenma.' 'Yeah right, like she would ever agree to that.' Kenma says. 'O come on, I've seen the way she looks at you.' I say. I really have, she definitely likes him. 'Pfft right.' Kenma says. This boy should have a little more confidence. 'I'm serious Kenma.' 'Kuroo it's not that easy for me!' Kenma says. 'I know. It's okay Kenma. Come on let's go help with dinner.'

Third person pov

Kuroo and Kenma walk outside to have dinner. It's currently 06.30 pm. Y/n is bringing out the food like she does every night. She sits down next to Kiyoko. Kenma looks at y/n. She looks back and waves at him. Hinata is sitting with Sugawara and sees y/n waving at Kenma. 'Hm, I didn't know y/n and Kenma are friends.' Hinata says to Suga. 'I think they might have a crush on each other.' Suga says. He knows that y/n has a crush on Kenma, she told him. But her secret is safe with Sugawara. 'Oh you might be right!' HInata says.

--- Time skip to after dinner ---

Y/n pov

Another night, another game of truth or dare. We're with the same group as last night. 'Okay y/n I want to get back at you for last night.' Tanaka says, 'truth or dare?' 'Truth.' 'Okay same question, what's something you've never told your parents.' Should I tell them I'm bi? No not yet. 'My parents don't know I once kind of went viral on tiktok, one of my friends posted a video of me playing the guitar.' I say. It really happened, it got one million views. 'Oh I think I actually saw that video.' Kuroo says. 'Okay ehm let's see, Nishinoya, truth or dare?' 'Truth.' 'If you were invisible for a day, what's the first thing you would do?' I ask. 'Ehm sneak into Asahi's house to scare him.' Noya says. Everyone starts laughing.