Chapter 11 - Days Without You

'I'm home!.' I yell while closing the door behind me. No reaction. I walk into the living room, it's empty. I walk upstairs and there's no one there either. Hah I'm all alone, that's nice. It's been a couple of weeks since the training camp. Today is Friday, which means that tomorrow Kenma is coming. We found out that the train ride isn't actually that long. I walk upstairs and change out of my school uniform into a nice summer outfit. I sit down on the couch and grab my phone.

                                                                                      Kenken

Y/n

Hi, how was your day?

                                                                                                                                                                Kenma

                                                                                                                                                                Quite boring wbu?

Y/n

Same, you coming over tomorrow made it better though

                                                                              Kenma

                                                                              Yeah same for me

                                                                              Do you want me to bring you that boba you liked so much?

                                                                              I know they only sell it at our local boba place

Y/n

Yes please!

I could bake you some apple pie if you'd like

                                                                                                                   Kenma

                                                                                                                   I mean if you want to I ain't saying no.....

Y/n

Hmm alright

Anyway my mom just got home so gtg

I'll see you tomorrow <3

                                                                                                                                                 Kenma

                                                                                                                                                  Yeah see you tomorrow :)

Kenma's pov

I put down my phone beside me. I'm sitting on my bed. I feel a bit empty inside, mostly because I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. What can I say, a new game came out..... I've also been a bit more anxious lately. The school year is coming to an end and Kuroo is graduating. (A/n: I know the Japanese school year doesn't actually end in the summer but this works better with the story.) Which is great, for him. The problem is that without him I'm kind of lonely. He's my safe person at school. Without him I just get anxious all the time. I always knew that at some point Kuroo would graduate and I'd be left alone. It happened before in middle school but at least he didn't move out then.

--- Time skip to the next day ---

Y/n pov

I walk into the train station. Kenma's train should arrive in just a few minutes. I step onto the right platform. I grab my phone. Then I hear the train coming. I look up and the train stops right in front of me. The doors open. I look around and there he is. He's a few feet away but it's clearly Kenma. I see him looking around, trying to find me. Then our eyes meet, he found me. I wave at him and he quickly makes his way over to me. I open my arms and he hugs me. I've waited all week for this. I pull away and kiss him. I know he's not super big on pta but I just had to kiss him. After a bit I pull back. 'Hi' I say. 'Hey.' He says. 'I've really missed you.' I say. 'Yeah I've missed you too.'

'I set up a surprise picnic.' I say. 'Yeah I figured.' Kenma says. 'Carrying a picnic basket kind of revealed the surprise didn't it?' 'Mhm yeah.' Kenma says. 'Well let's get going.' I say. We walk towards the park. 'This spot is nice, right?' I ask. 'Yes it's nice.' I lay down the blanket and lay out the snacks. Kenma sits down across from me and opens his backpack. He takes out the boba I wanted. I put down the apple pie I made and I see a smile appear on Kenma's face. For a couple of hours we just eat and talk about school and friends. 'Y/n do you feel that too?' Kenma asks. 'It's starting to rain isn't it?' 'Yep.' 'Okay well let's clean up our stuff and go to my house.'

We got home just in time because there's now a big rainstorm going on outside. Kenma looks around for a bit and then notices the sweater hanging off my closet door. 'That's my hoodie.' Kenma says. 'No' I say. 'Yes it is.' He laughs. 'Not anymore.' I say. 'You gave it to me.' I laugh. He sits down on my bed. 'Well I suppose you could keep it.' He says. 'You suppose?' I ask. I sit down next to him. He puts his arm around me. 'Hey ehm do you maybe want to cuddle and watch a movie or something?' I ask. 'Yeah I was kind of hoping we could do that actually.' Kenma says.

Kenma's pov

Y/n's head is laying on my chest. I can barely even see the laptop from here but it's fine. I softly stroke through her hair. I have to get back to the train station in about two hours. 'Kenma are you okay? You've been a little too quiet today. Also you're way more clingy than usual.' I should tell her. 'Yeah I've been a little more anxious lately.' I say. 'Why's that?' She asks. 'Well the school year is ending and that means Kuroo is moving away soon. Next year I'm going to have to survive without him. He's my safe person at school and I don't have many other friends.' I say. 'Yeah I understand why that's making you anxious. Can I just say something though?' 'Ofcourse' 'You've got the whole volleyball team behind you, you know that right? And yeah, yeah, I know you think Lev is a little annoying but the guy adores you. You've also got Yamamoto, who's a bit crazy but always has your back. And the closer we get to break, the closer we get to graduating and spending the rest of our lives together. Going to college, hopefully the same one. Living together. I can't wait to get there, with you.' Y/n says. Y/n my angel. 'Yeah you're right y/n.' I say.

I walk on to the right platform. Y/n holding my hand. This part never gets easier. The train is arriving in a minute or two. I turn myself to y/n. 'I love you.' 'I love you too.' She says. I hear the train coming. I give her a hug and a quick kiss. 'Bye y/n.' I say. 'Bye Kenma.' I get into the train. I wave to y/n one last time as I get in. I sit down and the train starts moving. Even though it's only been two minutes since I last saw her, I already miss y/n.