Chapter 7 - Dance with me

--- Time skip to the next day ---

Kenma's pov

It's lunch time, y/n is sitting with Hinata. Kuroo said he wanted to sit with some other guys, but I didn't want to come. I want to sit with y/n. 'Hey Kenma.' Y/n says as I sit down across from her. 'Hey.' I say. I grab my switch and start playing games. 'Aren't you super excited for our beach trip tomorrow?' Hinata asks. 'Yeah sure.' I say. Going to the beach will be fun, but Hinata is just too excited and I'm really tired. 'I'm excited.' Y/n says. 'I love the beach, I love staring at the sea and letting the wind blow my hair into my face.' Y/n says. I love looking at her face when she's talking about things she loves. Her eyes sparkle a little and a smile forms on her face. I'm so in love with this girl. Wait what, in love!? That can't be right. No I'm not in love with her, I'm just tired. My brain does dumb things when I'm tired.

'Y/n I need to ask Kageyama something. See you later!' Hinata says. 'Okay sunshine boy, see ya.' Y/n says. Hinata walks away, leaving me alone with y/n. She looks excited. 'So how are you doing today Kenma?' She asks. 'I'm okay, what about you?' I ask. 'I'm so excited! I emailed my finished article to the head of the school paper this morning, and he just emailed me that he really liked it. He said it's some of my best work, and now all I need to do is add in my pictures and make sure the layout is good.' Y/n says. I love how small things excite her. 'That's great y/n.' I say.

Y/n pov

I really want to hug Kenma, I mean who wouldn't want to hug this little pudding? I'm really excited today. Kenma is sitting across from me, he's playing a game on his switch. I'm not a gamer myself so I have no clue what's going on but I like watching him play. He hasn't touched his lunch yet tho, he should really eat something. 'Kenma, eat your lunch.' I say. 'Hmm, oh I'm not hungry.' Kenma says. 'Kenma, you have to eat.' I say. 'Okay, you're right.'

Third person pov

Kuroo is talking to Yaku. He looked over at y/n and Kenma and saw that y/n got Kenma to eat something without taking his game. 'Wow Kenma must really like y/n.' Kuroo says. 'Hm why's that?' Yaku asks. 'She got Kenma to eat without having to take his game.' Kuroo says. 'Oh wow.' Yaku says.

--- Time skip to dinner time ---

Y/n pov

It's raining outside so we're eating inside today. I put the plate of food down. I see Kenma, he's looking outside the window. I walk up to him. 'Hi.' I say. He turns himself to me. 'Oh hey.' He says. I hear the sounds of the rain on the roof. I love the sound of the rain. It's still super warm outside. 'I love rain on warm summer nights.' I say. 'Yeah me too.' Kenma says. For a moment we just stand there in silence. Both of us are just enjoying the rain and eachothers company. We're about the only ones here, most of the boys are still showering. I feel at peace when I'm with Kenma, it's a nice feeling, warm and soft.

Kenma pov

Most of the boys are done showering and we've started eating dinner. I'm sitting across from Hinata and y/n with Kuroo next to me. Hinata is going on about the training camp and the new techniques he picked up. Y/n is quiet. She looks up at me for a second. She smiles, I like her smile. It's still raining outside. I grab my tray and put it with the other used ones. Then I sit down again and grab my switch. Kuroo looks at me but he doesn't say anything. Then y/n gets up and puts away her tray too. She sits down again. I feel her legs against mine. 'So what are we going to do after dinner today guys?' She asks. 'Ehm I don't know, maybe just chat and play some games like the other nights?' Kuroo asks. 'Yeah that sounds fun.' Hinata says. Honestly I would have been worried if he hadn't said he thinks it's fun. He thinks everything is fun.

--- Time skip to 02.00 am ---

y/n pov

We had a fun night but now everyone has gone to sleep. I walk into the kitchen to find Kenma. I'm glad he's here, I was really hoping to talk to him tonight. I sit down across from him. The only sound I hear is the sound of rain falling onto the roof. It's still warm outside. I want to go outside. Kenma is looking at me but he doesn't say anything. 'Kenma?' I ask. 'Yes.' 'Go outside with me.' 'Are you crazy, I don't like going outside let alone when it's raining.' Kenma says. 'Guess I'll go alone then.' I say. I get up and walk towards the door. Then I hear someone getting up. 'Okay I'll come with you.' Kenma says. Thank god, for a second I was really scared he wasn't coming with me. I open the door and we step out into the rain.

The sky is dark and mostly filled with clouds. But everyone once in a while a few stars shine through. I put down my JBL. 'So what are we doing here?' Kenma asks. 'Dance with me.' I say. I put on my JBL and play [fav song] (maybe cigarette daydream, after all you are only 17). Kenma looks at me confused. I'm so nervous but I'm going to do this. I grab Kenma's hands and start dancing. I smile at Kenma and he warms up a little. For a while we just let loose. Then the song [fav slow romantic song] (maybe every way by Rex Orange County but you do you) starts playing. I stop dancing and look at Kenma. He's looking right at me. I slowly step towards him. He comes closer to me. He reaches out his hand and I grab on. And before I know it we're slow dancing. We're slow dancing in the rain, under the stars. I never want this moment to end. I feel so happy.

Just a pic for reference

I'm still dancing with Kenma. It's been a while and several songs have passed but I just don't want to let go. I can't let go. I want this to last. 'Kenma?' I ask. 'Yeah?' 'You still owe me a question.' I say. 'Oh yeah that's right.' Kenma says. 'Can I ask you the question now?' I ask. 'Yeah go ahead.' 'Okay, tell me something you've never told anyone before.' 'I think I'm in love with you.' Kenma says. Wait did he really say that? I quickly let go of him and step back. We're standing across from each other and rain is pouring down. I mean love? It's not that I don't love him but it's only been a week. Isn't that way too soon. Or maybe not? I mean my parents said to each other after their first date, they only knew each other for two days. They're still together. And I really am in love with him. So maybe I should say it back? I look at Kenma, he's looking down at the ground and fidgeting with his hands. 'Kenma?' I ask. He immediately looks up. 'I think I'm in love with you too.' I say.

Kenma pov

She said it back! I walk up to her and grab her hand. We slowly start moving to the music again. 'So what do we do now?' Y/n asks. 'Ehm well eh' I say. Honestly I don't know. Should I ask her to be my girlfriend? Or is it too soon. I mean she did say she's in love with me so I guess I could ask her. 'Y/n, do you maybe want to be my girlfriend?' I ask. Oh shit what did I do. Dummy, you told her you love her and asked her to be your girlfriend. This is going to scare her off. I just know it. 'I would really like that.' Y/n says. 'But don't you think it's a little soon?' She asks. She isn't wrong. 'I mean I get what you mean. I just think that it's not too soon for us. I've liked you since the moment I met you and I don't care if others think it's too soon. But if you're not ready we can wait. We can wait for as long as you need.' I say. 'No you're right, it's not too soon for us. I was just thinking about what other people think of us. I want to be your girlfriend Kenma.' Y/n says. My heart literally skips a beat. She's my girlfriend. Y/n is my girlfriend.

We've been dancing for a really long time. I check the time and it's almost 04.00 am. I hate to do this but we have to get some sleep. I have to play volleyball tomorrow. More importantly last time y/n slept so little she got really sad and I don't want that to happen again. 'Y/n, I hate to do this but we have to go to sleep.' I say. 'Yeah you're right.' Y/n says and she steps away from me. I already miss her warmth in my arms. She grabs her speaker and walks towards the door. I follow her. When she's in front of the door she stops walking and turns towards me. Before I know it she's standing on her toes and she's kissing me. I put my arms around her and kiss her back. And it's the best kiss ever. I mean really I've never felt like this before. Then she pulls away. She opens the door and goes inside. I follow her. We have to go separate ways now. 'Sleep well Kenma.' Y/n says. 'Yeah, good night y/n.'

For reference

A/N

Hey everyone, this was a cute chapter AHHHH! Anyway thanks for reading, see you next chapter.