Chapter 9 - Beach pictures

Kenma's pov

I'm glad y/n is feeling better again. I'm still holding her hand. I pull her into a hug. After that we just sit in silence and enjoy the scenery. 'And how are my two lovebirds doing?' I look up to see Kuroo. 'Hello to you too, kuroo.' Y/n says. He sits down across from me and y/n. 'You're blocking our view.' I say. 'So mean Kenma.' Kuroo says. 'Anyway, we're done playing our volleyball game and I wanted to ask you if you'd maybe join our next game.' Kuroo says. Very brave of him to ask me. He knows I don't like getting tired, and with this heath I'm already tired doing nothing at all. 'Nah, it's too hot out here to do anything.' I say. 'Oh common Kenma.' 'Kenma just go play, I'd love to take some pictures of you guys playing together on the beach.' Y/n says. I really don't want to do sports in this heat, but I also want y/n to be happy. And I know how much she likes taking pictures of us. 'One game, just one.' I say.

Y/n pov

'Okay guys let's go.' Kuroo says. And so I grab my camera and stand up. I'm standing on the sideline and I'm taking pictures. I'm having a great time. Kenma looks so good. I'm taking pictures and before I know it the game is over. Kenma's team won, luckily. Though that does mean that Hinata's team lost which is a little sad. Kenma comes walking towards me. 'Congrats Kenma, you played really well.' I say. 'Want to go swimming?' Kenma asks. 'Ehm yeah okay.' I say. I take off my outfit and now all there's left is my bikini. I feel slightly uncomfortable. Kenma walks towards the sea and I follow him. We stand in front of the sea, I take a deep breath. Kenma grabs my hand. 'Okay at three.' He says. 'Three, two, one!' And he starts running. My hand is being pulled so hard I almost fall over. I run with him and before I know it we're in the water.

--- Time skip to about 6.00 pm ---

We brought a picnic for dinner. I grab another slice of watermelon and turn myself to Kenma. 'This has been a nice day' I say. 'Yeah it really has been.' Kenma says. He smiles at me. His hair is still a bit wet. I smile back. Apparently Hinata is done eating because he's dragging Kageyama to the volleyball court. 'We can never practice enough!' Hinata says. I start laughing. Oh Hinata is sweet but he can be such an idiot. I look back at Kenma. He's trying to hold back his laugh. 'Idiots.' He says. 'Yep.' I say. 'Hey kenma?' 'Yeah.' 'So I was thinking, maybe we could have one last late night together tonight.' I say. 'Yeah that sounds great.' Kenma says.

Kenma's pov

It's almost time to go back. 'Hey Kuroo I'm going to find y/n.' I say. 'Yeh you go to your girlfriend.' Kuroo says. Kuroo walks away from me and I take a look around. There she is. She is standing in front of the sea. Her feet are in the water. She has her arms spread. Her shirt is bouncing up and down and her hair is flowing in the wind. It's the most beautiful sight ever. I walk up to her and hug her from behind. My arms wrapped around her waist. I lay my head down on her shoulder. 'Hi.' I say. 'Hey Kenma.' Y/n says. 'You know everyone can see us right?' She asks. 'Yeah I know. I don't mind though.' 'Me neither.' She says. For a while we just stand there. Admiring the sunset and the waves. Then someone yells out to us. 'Everyone on the bus now, it's really time to go!'

I sit down next to Kuroo. 'Did you have a nice day Kenma?' Kuroo asks. And I could say something sarcastic like I usually do, but I don't. 'I really, really did.' I say. 'You and y/n were looking real cute out there today.' Kuroo says. 'Oh that's all on her, she's cute, not me.' I say. I mean I think it's true. She is very pretty and cute and I become a better person when I'm with her. 'I'm really going to miss y/n back home.' I say. It's funny how I call it home, because home isn't a place anymore. Home is y/n. 'Are you two going to do long distance?' Kuroo asks. 'Yeah we definitely are, I just can't live without this girl.' I say. It's true.

Y/n pov

I sit down next to Sugawara. I'm really tired, but in a good way. Sugawara gives me a little headpet. 'How was your day y/n? I saw you and Kenma were looking pretty cute together, all cuddling and stuff.' 'I had a really nice day today. Kenma and I spend all day together and I'm just going to miss him so much when we go back.' I say. I honestly don't even want to think about not seeing Kenma everyday. 'Are you two going to do long distance?' Sugawara asks. 'Well yeah, honestly we don't really have another option.' I say. 'We can't just break up, we love eachother way too much to do that.'

I step out of the bus. It's about 8.30 pm. I look around and see Kenma. He walks up to me. 'Do you want to meet up in the kitchen after taking a shower?' He asks. 'Yeah, that sounds great.' I say. I walk towards my dorm, grab some clothes and a towel, and step into the shower. As I let the warm water hit my skin, I think about today. The way Kenma comforted me, told me all the right things. How loved I feel when I'm with him. How I feel at home when I'm with him. I would spend every second of every day with him if I could. He makes me a better person and that's something special. I truly feel like we bring out eachothers best side and I never want to lose that.

I put on some comfortable clothes and walk down the stairs. Kenma is already waiting for me in the kitchen. 'Hi' I say. 'Hey y/n' Kenma says. I sit down across from him, just like the first night. 'So what do you want to do tonight?' I ask. 'We could go hangout with the others, although I think almost everyone has gone to sleep. I know everyone was really tired after today.' 'Ehm actually I have a surprise for you, it's just something small but I think you'll like it a lot.' Kenma says. I smile at him. I'm so excited right now. 'Okay, close your eyes.'

Kenma's pov

I take y/n's hand and lead her to one of the couches. I set up a little movie night. I got Kuroo to help me. He bought some snacks for us. I also got Hinata to help me since I didn't know y/n's favorite movie. 'Okay open your eyes.' I look at her, her eyes widen slightly. I made sure to make it look pretty. I borrowed some of the bowls from the kitchen here, even though I'm not allowed to. 'Kenma, how did you?' 'I got some help from Kuroo and Hinata.' I cut her off. 'Now sit down, I made sure to download your favorite movie.'

Y/n and I are cuddling, the movie ended a while ago so we decided to watch another one. But honestly I'm not paying attention. It's getting really late. I brush through y/n's hair with my hand. 'Hey are you still awake?' I ask softly. 'Eh I guess.' She says. I'm so tired, but I don't want to go to sleep because in the morning we're leaving. 'Do you want to go to sleep?' I ask. 'No, you?' 'No, but I am tired.' 'Yeah me too.' She turns her head to me and our eyes meet. I lean in close and kiss her. This moment, if I had the power I would make it last forever. Y/n lays her head back down on my chest. I run my hand through her hair again. I kiss her on the top of her head. 'I love you y/n.' I say. 'I love you too.' She says. Her voice sounds sleepy. I check the time and it's 03.00 am. We're leaving at eight and therefore getting up at seven. Four hours. We've got four hours left in our little bubble.