Epilogue

It had been a few months since Emmie's fate you could say was sealed.

Her mother had gotten a promotion again at her job and was now the head of her company which meant she could stay at home with Emmie full time.

Emmie had gotten use to her role in her family now.

She was her mommy's baby. She had no responsibility whatsoever.

Her days consisted of diaper changes being breastfed and fed other foods.

She had playdates with Bailey from time to time. But it was hard for her to play with Bailey given the fact that Emmie had the motor functions of a newborn and Bailey was older than her.

Although they both did have something in common. They were both in diapers. So Emmie felt some connection to her best friend still.

She still envied Bailey though. Bailey was able to walk and in some ways talk and tell her mom what she wanted.

Emmie on the other hand couldn't. She depended on her mom for everything.

Her mom had made the decision that Emmie could only retain some of her happy memories of being a teenager.

Other than that Emmie had the motor functions and speech patterns of a newborn.

....

Her mom had baby pictures taken a few days after the visit to the school. They were pictures of Emmie in just her diaper on a carpet smiling at her mommy and several others including one where Emmie was naked and laying on her mommy's stomach.

It was something that her mom wanted to do because back when Emmie was a baby the first time....she couldn't get her to cooperate with the camera.

.....

Her mom took her down to a flower meadow that day... it was overlooking a small fishing cove with two towers that had windmill fans on them.

She held her daughter in her arms under the gleaming sun and picked up a flower and placed it towards her daughters nose.

Emmie loved the smell of the flower and she loved being in her mommy's arms.

Her teenage mind was only thinking about the possibility of growing up again. Being able to be a normal teenager.

....

Her mommy sat down with her on a red and white striped blanket and proceeded to feed Emmie from her breasts.

She could tell Emmie loved it.

As Emmie suckled at her mommy's breast... her stomach began to growl more....

Her mom said

" Awww it's ok sweetie. Just drink your fill from mommy."

"You'll be full soon"

She rocked Emmie back and forth in her arms listening to the waves crash against the shore.

Emmie looked up into her mommy's eyes and smiled.

Emmie knew in that moment...

She was where she needed to be.

She was herself.

A baby.

A baby with a loving mommy.

She was happy and safe.

The End.

Author's note

Thank you all so very much for the support that you have shown me on my stories. I'm so happy everyone loved Emmie's Journey.

I have another story brewing in my head. The first chapter will be out soon.

Much love to you all.

Stay safe and Happy Reading.