Chapter 12: A New Friend?

Alex's POV
シ㋛シ㋛シ㋛シ㋛シ㋛シ㋛シ
We made our way out the door to go meet my friend Sidney and pick up Rowan. I think it's going to be good to have another little around so that Riley can see what it is like.

45 minutes later and a pit stop at IHOP to get some breakfast we are driving in the parkway of my best friend's house. I turned the engine off and turned around to face Riley in the backseat.

"Riley we are at Sidney's and we're here to pick up her little, Rowan. Rowan is going to be with us for the day since Sidney has some important things to do today." All I got in return is a little nod and a quiet ok. I guess someone is a little shy, I smiled at that thinking that my little girl was too adorable.

We made our way out of the car with Riley holding my hand and rung the doorbell. In a few short seconds, a tall light-skinned woman stood in front of the door. With a rather hyper toddler that can be heard in the background.

"Hey Sidney.", I say.

"Hey, Alex glad you can make it even though you are several minutes late.", and let me just tell you she did not look happy in the least. She drifts her eyes downwards and saw Riley her frown was immediately replaced with a smile.

"And who is this little one here." I felt Riley shift herself behind me a little more and grab the back of my shirt in her little fist.

"This is Riley. Say hi to Sidney Princess." She mumbled a noise that I think was a form of hello to Sidney.

"Sorry, she's shy." I grabbed Riley's hand and made my way into Sidney's house. The first thing I saw was a blur running around the living room while chanting and I quote "Save the Dinosaurs from space". I guide Riley through the foyer and into the kitchen where I sat down at the island and sat Riley down on my lap. Sidney came soon after and started to prepare a bottle I assumed was for Rowan.

"So Sidney tell me why I have to babysit your demon little again."

"I told you 2 weeks ago that I have to visit my brother to get something." She said while putting the prepared bottle in the microwave to heat up.

"Oh, it's acting up again huh.", with a hint of worriness in my tone. I shift Riley in my lap so she can get more comfortable.

"It's fine Alex I always sort it out there's nothing to worry about." She takes the bottle out of the microwave and turns to me.

"Why don't you introduce Riley to Rowan I bet he will be happy to have another little friend." Sidney walks away to probably give Rowan his bottle. I look down a Riley and give her a little poke on the cheek.

"You wanna meet your new friend."

㋛シ㋛シ㋛シ㋛シ㋛シ㋛シ
Riley's POV~
I'm currently sitting on the floor between Alex's legs while she sits on the couch talking to her friend. I'm supposed to be playing with this so-called Rowan but he looks like he might tackle me in a hug if he even catches me looking at him. His energy does not match with mine at this moment, so I settle myself in between Alex's legs to prevent interaction. But my luck runs out because Alex looks down at me and gives me a tap on the shoulder.

"Why don't you go say hi to him hmm." I just shook my head and hid my face in her right leg.

"Oh come on Princess it'll be fine I will be right here if you get scared okay." She starts to comfort me by rubbing my back and giving me soft encouragements. After a while, I give in and sigh nodding my head which was still buried in her leg.

"Thank you, my brave little girl", she pulled me from out of her leg and gave me a little push toward him. I allowed her to do so and with a defeated sigh I grabbed all of my courage and got up to met him.