Chapter 15: Meeting A'mani

Alex POV~
________________________________

After we ate are lunch Rowan and Riley begged me to take them to the indoor playground, and who am I to tell them no. I made sure we threw away all of our trash and wiped messy faces and hands. Afterwards we started making our way to the indoor playground.

"Slow down Rowan no need to run.", I quickly went to catch up with him and grabbed his hand.

"You can't run off like that buddy you might fall and hurt yourself.", I say looking towards my left making sure Riley was still beside me.

"I'm sorry Auntie Alex. I just really want to play on the playground."

"And you will but we just have to walk there.", I poked his nose and he let out a adorable giggle. I made sure I grabbed Riley's hand to avoid another running little and continued our way towards the playground.

When we were at the door of the indoor playground I turned around to meet the faces of the two littles holding my hands. They looked so excited to go in the playground but I had to set some rules before we got in.

"Ok you two I know you're excited to go in but first we have to make some rules.", I saw both of their faces drop a little.

"Don't worry you guys it's just for your safety. I don't want any hurt littles.", I told them seriously. "First off I don't want to see any pushing or shoving. If you want to go on a slide I want you guys to wait. Second no jumping off any equipment."

"But what if it's like the most tiniest jump.", Rowan said pinching his fingers together.

"No Rowan I don't care how high no jumping.", He put his hand down and sulkily said okay. "Okay and last rule and this is the most important one so listen up. Be kind and have fun. No being mean to other littles okay."

"Okay!", They both said at the same time.

"Alright then let's go in."

I opened the doors to the playground and let Rowan and Riley go inside the playground. There was already several littles playing and running around. I led Rowan and Riley towards the entrance into the Jungle themed section of the playground since it was in the front.

Making sure we go over the rules one more time I let them go off into the abyss of the playground. Making my way towards the benches were the caregivers are sitting I chose a spot and settled down. Not even two minutes later I felt somebody sit next to me.

"Hi!", The person next to me said.

I turned towards them and the first thing I saw was faded dyed pink hair. I looked down and saw her face. She had two different colored eyes and vitiligo going across her left eye which was brown and down towards her mouth which it spread out covering her chin and mouth. I looked back up and saw her smiling. She had brown tanned skin which made her right blue eye stand out apart from the rest of her face.

"Hey.", I said, still staring at her unique face.

"Sorry I intruded on your space there was no where else to sit.", I looked around and just like she said there was no benches left to sit at.

"That's no problem.", I scooted over some more to give her some space seeing as the woman was teetering at the edge of the bench.

"My name is A'mani by the way.", She extended her hand to me in a gesture for a handshake.

"Alex.", I took her hand and shaked it. Letting go she sat back and looked towards the playground looking at all the littles playing. Thinking that the conversation was over I took out my phone and started looking through different sites to buy Riley some more little clothes from.

"Which one is yours?", A'mani said.

Taking aback I looked to my left at her and towards the playground that she was still looking at.

"Little I mean. Which one is yours?", She asked again sheepishly. Rubbing the back of her head looking back at me.

"Oh!", Laughing quietly I looked towards the playground to spot Riley. Sure enough I saw her trying to get down from a rope ladder in the pirate ship section. Rowan at the bottom encouraging her down. I smiled at that. They are too cute.

"She's the one with blonde hair trying to get down the ladder on the pirate ship. The little boy at the bottom is my friends little, i'm babysitting him today.", I said pointing towards the area they were in.

"Aww, she is a cutie.", She said looking at the area I was pointing at.

"Yeah. Which little one is yours?"

"Oh no I don't have a little."

"Oh? Then why are you here?", I asked suspiciously. She looked back at me with a confused expression.

"Because I work here.", She said pointing at the badge on her chest. Just now looking down at her shirt, I see her badge with her name and the words 'Playground Assistant' under it.

"Well now I feel bad.", I said laughing nervously.

"It's ok, I understand.", Imani said full on laughing, joining in after a few seconds.

After our laughing session we talked for a while. I learned that A'mani had a identical twin sister named A'mari. Who in fact lives in Germany. I also found out that we both have the same hatred for dark chocolate. While exchanging phone numbers Rowan came running towards me with a panicked expression on his face.

"Auntie Alex!", He screamed running full force into me.

"Woah calm down buddy what's wrong?", I push him back and scanned his face.

He had tears streaming down his cheeks and he was stuttering out words. I looked to my left at A'mani and say she had a worried  look on her face.

"Row deep breaths for me what happened?, I looked around to search where Riley was at. Not seeing her I looked at Rowan once more.

"Its Riley she fell a-and she got huwt."

________________________________

AN: Hi nerds! I'm back and better than ever. Well I don't know about the better part but I'm back! It's been a long time and oh boy am I glad to be back😄 Thanks for all the support while I was gone tho. Like seriously 150k views and 100 followers😳 you guys are the best.❤️ I hope you like this chapter and hopefully I get another chapter to you guys next week too🤞🏽 Love you lots nerds🥰