Chapter 13: A Rough Start

Riley's POV~
☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎

I walked over to Rowan, he was currently building with his blocks and knocking them right back down when he was finished. I took a deep breath and spoke to him.

"H-hi." He stopped what he was doing and looked up at me. And boy did his whole face brightened up when he saw me.

"HimynameisRowanyouwannabemyfriend!"(Hi my name is Rowan you wanna be my friend.) He stood up and was in front of my face before I could even blink.

"Imbuildingatowerandpretendingimadinosauranddestroyingthem!"(I'm building a tower and pretending I'm a dinosaur and destroying them!) Before I could even comprehend what he said the first time, he bombarded me with legos and big blocks pushing them in my face.

I'm not going to lie I was getting overwhelmed and all I wanted was to be back between Alex's legs listening to her boring adult talk with her friend. Wait what am I talking about I'm an adult too I mean ugh I don't know what I mean anymore I just want everything to calm down. I put my hand over my ears and lower myself to the floor my breathing getting faster. I closed my eyes on the verge of crying and I don't even know what for. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me making me tense up as I'm being pulled up from off the ground.

"Hey hey, Princess look at me it's fine everything things fine it's going to be okay." That voice............. Alex it's so calming to hear. I grasped onto her voice as I leaned into her body as she starts swaying me back and forth calming me down.
☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎
Alex's POV~

I was busy talking to Sidney before she had to go in a few, when Sidney pointed out that something was wrong with Riley. She was on the floor hugging her knees to her chest covering her ears shaking. It was the most saddest thing I have ever seen. Now I'm on the couch Riley clinging to me while I rub her back soothingly.

"Is she okay mommy?", I heard Rowan ask Sidney.

"She's going to be okay Puppy." Sidney gave me a worried look and I just shrugged my shoulders and gave her a worried look of my own.

"You can go you know I can handle this.", I told Sidney but she just shook her head.

"No way are you sure? I can stay and just cancel."

"No, you can't cancel I got this trust me." I gave her an 'I mean it look'.

"Okay, but call me if you need me, and i'll drop everything and help you." she started getting her things, said goodbye to Rowan, and gave me one last look, and left.

Okay, you got this, your alone with one hyperactive toddler and a very distressed baby. Oh boy.
☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎

A few minutes later Riley calmed down and is sitting beside me on the couch while we all watch a weird cartoon with dogs saving people on tv. I thought about what happened with Riley and how it looked like she was having a panic attack. I looked over to her and see that she was sucking her thumb while looking very invested in the show. I got up in an attempt to get her pacifier that is in the car. But as soon as I got up Riley clung onto my arm looking up at me with her big blue eyes.

"I'm just going to get your pacifier out of the car Princess I'll be back before you know it." I gently removed her hands from me and kissed her on her forehead.

I quickly went to the car and searched for her pacifier. I soon as I found it in the cupholder in the front seat I grabbed it and went back inside and was met with the cutest scene ever. Rowan was handing Riley a dinosaur plushie with his head down probably saying sorry for what he did. Riley hesitantly took it from him and looked at it. After a bit of consideration, she looked up at him and said.

"You wanna play with me?"
☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎☔︎︎☂︎︎
A/N
I know what you're thinking another update within a week you're spoiling us.
And all I got to say to that is......."yes yes I am."
You guys are the best and I think y'all deserve a little treat for getting me almost 60k views.☺️
This is definitely not my best work but I wanted to get this out to you guys today so I hope you enjoy.