Chapter 14: Going on a Adventure

Alex's POV~
♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎
I've been watching Riley and Rowan play together for over an hour now and it's nearing lunchtime. I was thinking about getting them out of the house and taking them out to eat and maybe going to the park after. I got off the couch and walked over to where they were playing, careful not to step on any legos that were scattered around the floor. I kneeled down so that I was at eye level with them since they were sitting on the floor.

"Hey you two, how about we go on an adventure today? How does that sound huh?", I said trying to get them excited about the idea.

"Yeah let's go!", Rowan said jumping up and down with a big smile on his face. I chuckled silently he's always one to go for an adventure.

I looked at Riley to see her reaction to an adventure. She was nodding along with Rowan. I guess we're going out today.

♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎
Riley's POV~

Alex was driving me and Rowan to go eat. I don't even know where we're even going she says that it's a surprise and that's what adventures are all about. I just shrugged my shoulders I don't mind as long as Alex is with me I don't mind at all.

During the whole ride, Rowan was talking about his studies and how one time he got stuck up a tree trying to save 'Trex'. I started dozing off when he was in the middle of his 5th story.

The next thing I know I'm being unbuckled and getting picked up from out of the car. I don't remember falling asleep let alone parking. While I rub the sleep out of my eyes, Alex was carrying me towards a building which I assume was the place we are going to eat at. I look to my right and see that Rowan was holding Alex's hand skipping alongside her. And then it hit me Alex is carrying me. In her arms. In public.

I started wiggling in her arms whining a bit wanting to get down. Eventually, she got the message and set me down on my feet. I smooth down my skirt and all three of us entered the building.

As soon as we walked in my eyes were drawn to a playground at the back of the restaurant. It was behind a see-through glass that you can enter through a double door. The playground had huge tunnels running through the entire play area. The tunnels would take you go from an ocean-themed area to a ship where you can pretend to be a pirate. Slides and jungle gyms were strewn about the place being used by all the people inside the play area.

I stared at the people who were playing in it wanting to join myself. But Alex took my hand and I was being led to a table for three.

The waiter gave me and Rowan a kid-type menu while Alex got an adult one. I was looking through the menu trying to pick out what meal I should get, but they all look so good I couldn't decide. I looked up at Alex seeing that she was helping Rowan pick out his meal.

I frown at that. I don't even know what for I just didn't like seeing her giving her attention to anyone besides me. I huffed and went back to staring at my menu. A few seconds later I heard Alex chuckling. How dare she laugh at my misery. I let out a whine and kicked out my legs a little bit.

"Ok ok calm down. Here let me see the menu." I gave her my menu and went to her side of the booth.

"Alright let's see Ry." The menu had a dessert section, main section, and appetizers. Alex looked at the main course and pointed at the chicken tenders.

"How about that one. It looks good." I just shook my head I don't like chicken tenders that much, sue me.

"Hmmm ok how about this one. Mac n Cheese is the best."

"I'm lactose intolerant," I said shrugging my shoulders. She just looked at me and whispered 'noted' underneath her breath.

"Oh hey what about this and you get apple sauce with it." She gave me a wide smile. I looked at what she chose a PB&J with applesauce. Yeah, I can get with that.

"Ok, but can we get dessert after."

"Yeah, can we auntie Alex!" Rowan said agreeing with me. I put on my best puppy dog face with my lip jutting out.

"Fine, you two. We're going on the playground after anyway so why not."

"Wait we're going on the playground!" Rowan was out of his seat leaning over the table trying to get in Alex's face. With a big smile on his face.

"Oh, darn it did I say that out loud. I guess we can't go again. I wanted it to be a surprise so we have to go somewhere else." She sighed and went back to looking at her menu with a fake sad face.

"What no I'll pretend I didn't hear it." Rowan put his hands over his ears. "See I didn't hear anything." I started laughing and put my hands over my ears too.

"I also didn't hear anything. We can still go to the playground."

"Phew, I thought we had to change our plans. But you guys have to keep pretending you didn't know."

"Ok." We both said nodding our heads. The waiter came and took our order giving me and Rowan some crayons to color our menus with. A few minutes later we all were eating our food, Rowan showing Alex the drawing he made.
♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎
A/N
Sorry I was gone for so long school came back up and I had major writer's block.😒
But I'm back and hopefully, we will continue as usual.😁❤️
See you later nerds. Wow, when was the last time I called you guys that.🤔