Chapter Twelve

Gracie~

Wes led me back toward the table, parting the sea of people that were crowding the dance floor with his large body and commanding presence. I watched heads pivot and turn to get a better look at his perfectly chiseled features as we passed through a sea of women who were practically salivating at the sight of Wes. Even I had to admit that he was positively yummy, but the problem was...he knew it. Eyes undressed him left and right, but he was completely unfazed by the attention.

The dense crowd grew even thicker as we made our way around the bar which made navigating through the hoard of bodies a little more difficult for me. I was just the right height to catch every elbow in sight and was often overlooked, stepped on or bumped into by drunken assholes who had lost their spatial awareness.

Feeling suddenly claustrophobic, I grabbed hold of the back of Wes' t-shirt, causing him to shoot his gaze over his shoulder, looking down at me as he gave me a panty dropping smile that made my insides turn to mush.

Stop it Gracie.

He reached back to secure my hold on his shirt, when a spunky blonde with massive tits pounced on him from the side. He had no choice but to wrap an arm around her to try and keep her from tumbling to the ground as she slammed her lips against the side of his cheek and practically jumped in his arms.

"Oh My God Wes!" She squeaked in a voice that reminded me of Malibu Barbie.

Lowering her to the ground immediately, Wes pulled his face away from hers with a quick jerk of his neck, giving her a forced half smile as he put a little space between them.

"What's up Trisha?" Wes said casually.

"You haven't called me in a while and I have been aaaaching for you." Trisha drunkenly slurred as she pressed her body against his.

Yikes.

Wes unwrapped her arms from around his neck and took another step back, shooting a quick glance my way.

Yeah I'm still here big guy, but go do your thing. I may be a lot of things, but I'm definitely not a cockblock.

I grinned up at Wes, who was peeling Trishas limbs off of his body every couple of seconds. She wanted every ounce of his attention and was trying desperately to get every inch of her body pressed against him despite his efforts to evade her.

This is the Wes I've heard about. The arrogant womanizer that Amanda described who was in a different woman's bed every night. Trisha must have been one of his past conquests that had gotten a little too attached and despite the slight pang of misplaced jealousy that I felt, the sight was pretty comical to watch.

"Yeah I've been uh busy." Wes said.

"No time for me?" Trisha pouted, sticking her bottom lip out like a sad toddler.

Oh you can't be serious girl.

"Why don't you come over tonight so we can make up for lost time?" Trisha said in a drunkenly seductive voice that implied they'd slept together before... probably multiple times judging by the way she was acting.

"Not tonight." Wes said, shrugging out of her grasp once more.

"Oh come on Wes." Trisha whined. "I miss you in my bed baby." Trisha's voice was nasally and fake, like she was trying to force it higher than her natural pitch.

Wes shot his eyes over to me again, trying to gauge my reaction to Trisha as she tried with all her might to get her lips on his neck, but was unsuccessful.

I gave him a smirk and raised my brows at him, chuckling to myself at the obnoxious girl he currently had wrapped around him like a horny octopus.