Chapter Thirty One

Wes ~

Our house was full of people and the party was fun, but it would have been a lot more enjoyable if Gracie had been there.

Chad and I were kicking ass and taking names at the beer pong table, but I made sure to check my phone occasionally between throws.

"So fucking pussy whipped." Chad scoffed, shaking his head at me.

"Don't act like you haven't been doing the same thing." I said, giving him a playful shove.

I never thought I would have joined the boyfriend ranks alongside Chad, but here we were and I had to admit, I didn't hate it.

Several girls had swarmed the table and were trying to show off and draw attention to themselves, but I only had eyes for Gracie. It was easy to ignore them, until a high pitched nasally voice echoed from behind me like nails on a chalkboard.

"Weeees!" Trisha said my name in the most annoying way possible.

"Hey Trisha." I said without really looking at her.

"Baby I've missed you. I know we had a little misunderstanding a while back, but I'm ready to forgive you." She said cluelessly.

Not fucking interested.

"Thanks?" I said, scrunching my face in confusion before I sunk a ball into a cup across the table.

She approached me from behind wearing so much perfume it made my nose burn. That smell used to make me horny because I knew she was a sure thing. We used to be fuck buddies without emotional attachment, but I was starting to see that was only half way true, because she was fucking attached and I was over it.

"So what do you say we disappear into one of these bedrooms and...make up." She whispered into my ear.

Not happening.

I took a step to my left, putting space between us, removing her hand from my shoulder.

"I've got a girlfriend, Trisha." I said flatly.

Her eyes narrowed at me and she looked pissed. Really pissed.

"I thought you said you didn't do girlfriends." She hissed, folding her arms across her chest.

That was my way of telling you I didn't want you as a girlfriend.

"Yeah well, things change." I said, not looking at her as I continued to play.

Take the hint Trisha.

A sadistic grin spread across her face as she closed in on me once again, failing to realize that I wasn't interested.

"She doesn't have to know. Our arrangement was sex only remember? A quickie wouldn't hurt anyone. I promise I won't tell." She said, touching me again which I hated.

I took her hand firmly in mine, removing it from my skin and pushing it away.

"Trisha, I said I'm not interested. I've got a girlfriend and whatever arrangement we had is now over." My voice was cold and I glared at her for touching me.

Tears welled in her eyes as she snatched her hand from mine and glared back at me with a hateful, spiteful expression.

"You're making a mistake...but you'll come around." She snapped.

I was losing my temper and clenched my back teeth to keep from yelling.

"Trisha, take the fucking hint. We're done." I growled.