Chapter 1

Author's note: To all who read, this book will have songs in most chapters.
These songs will be sang by most characters. I humbly request you to watch the videos attached for better understanding of the book. I hope you enjoy the story. 😊

Marilyn Davison is a five year old little girl who stays with her older brother, James in Boston US.

She and her brother would have been staying with their parents, had they not died in an accident a year earlier.

Marilyn always felt like an outcast where ever she went, she felt like she was in someone else's territory.
She didn't want to feel that way, but all the other children around her made her feel that way and still do.

All in all, her brother kept telling her to trust only one person, that person, was God.

"God's not a person," she stated to him as he put her in bed and tucked her in.

"He is not. But you should still trust Him, right?" He replied brushing her brown hair from her face.

"Yeah, He's our everything," she smiled blowing a kiss upwards to God.

"Great, and even if we are taken away from each other..." He began.
"God and I will always be together," she ended and he tickled her.

"Very good, now get some sleep, tomorrow you have to go to school."

"Okay, goodnight."

"Goodnight butterfly," he turned the lights out and closed the door behind him.

"Wait!" She suddenly screamed.

"What? What's wrong?" He walked back in filled with worry.

"We didn't pray yet," she said sweetly and he smiled at her.

"Okay, close your eyes and pray," he knelt down and leaned on her bed and she did the same, folding their hands.

"God almighty, thank you for protecting us throughout this day, thank you for your grace towards us and for looking after my parents up in heaven. Keep my friends safe and help them know you love them. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."

"Amen. Now go to sleep, sweetie."

"Wait, first sing me that song you were singing this morning."

"Marilyn," he rolled his eyes and she continued begging. "Fine. But just this once."

He sat next to her and began to sing. "Bless the Lord oh my soul, oh oh my soul, worship His holy name. Sing like never before, oh my soul, I worship Your holy name."

"The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning, it's time to sing Your song again. Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me... Let me be singing when the evening comes."

He continued the song until she fell asleep and he kissed her forehead.

****

"Get up Kayla," James said addressing her by her middle name. Unlike her, he was already ready and fully dressed in his school uniform. It was a white shirt, navy blue trousers and a blue tie.

"No, I'm still sleepy!" She turned under her blanket causing him to throw back his head and groan.

"But it's time to wake up, I have to go to school too, you know?"

"But I don't want to go! You go and I'll stay home and watch TV."

"No, you'll make a mess and I don't want to have to start cleaning when I come home."

"No!"

"Okay, I'll just lock you in your room!" He ran to the door and she jumped out of the bed and ran after him.