Chapter 2

Marilyn sat on the swings and watched as all the other kids played with each other.

"Mommy, when I start school, will you be with me every time?"

"Why not, Kayla? I'll be there when you are seated in class and waiting for you when you come out as well."

"Promises?"

"Definitely."

She closed her eyes and put her small hands together, "God, I really miss my mommy and daddy allot, but I know that you're with them right now. As Jamie always says, they're in a better place. Please tell them that I love them, in Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to face a girl of probably her age.

"What were you doing?" She asked her.

"I was praying, duh. Don't you know what that is?" She asked swinging a bit slower.

"But why? God doesn't even exist."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, if he did why did he take your mommy and daddy away?"

"He didn't take them away, he just took them home," she blew a kiss to the sky.

"Where's this home you're talking about?"

"Heaven? I think it's in the sky, but most of all, it's in my heart, where He is too."

"Okay but if He is real, why can't He be seen?"

"Seeing isn't always believing, silly," she moved and sat down on a bench and the girl wanted to sit next to her but she stopped her.

"Stop!" She yelled and put out her hand.

"What?" The other girl asked confused and a bit startled.

"God is sitting here, can't you see that?"

"But I can't see Him! I just said that."

"You're looking with your eyes and not with your heart. He's sitting here and no one can take His place, but you can come sit here instead."

"By the way, I'm Hazel, I'm new here. What's your name?"

"Marilyn, you can call me Kayla."

"What do you think He's doing?" She peeked over to the other side of the bench.

"He's doing what he always does, looking after this whole world."

"Doesn't He get tired of that?"

"He's not like us, He does it every time and never stops cause He wants us to have everything."

"Oh. But if He's here, how does He see the whole world from here?"

"The Bible says He sees us like little grasshoppers and He's really big. He's a powerful God and sees beyond our understanding. That's what my brother told me."

"Does that mean He has superpowers? Like Superman?"

"Much more than that."

"Hazel, what are you doing here?" Another little boy came to them. "My sister told me if you play with people who have no parents, your parents disappear too."

"But they'll just go to God, right?"

"No you never see them again, just like she'll never see her parents again."

"I'm sorry, I don't want to lose my parents," she got up and ran away with the little boy.

Marilyn bowed her head in sadness and started kicking her legs.