Chapter 10

The next morning, James and Marilyn got ready to go to school.

James joined Henry on the bus, but for some reason, people would look at their phones and at him then whisper.

"Good morning, Henry."

"Morning, superstar."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You don't know yet? You are famous dude, look," he brought out his phone showing him the videos of him and Marilyn singing and him at the cafe.

"What, no, this can't be happening."

"What? Aren't you happy? You've become famous, people are even calling you the 'God's instrument'."

"No, you wouldn't understand."

Just then Sarah walked in and glared at James before sitting at the far end of the bus.

"Hen, I'll be back, I just need to fix something really quick."

He stood up and went to sit by her, "hi."

"Spit it out already."

"I'm really sorry about everything that happened yesterday, I really didn't mean to upset you."

"You're forgiven, go away."

"No, I'm really- wait what?"

"I said I forgive you, now please leave."

"Oh, uh, thanks, does that mean we'll continue with the tutoring?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Same place, same time?"

"No, you decide where, but Coffee and comfy is my territory."

"Okay. thanks."

He went back and sat next to Henry, a smile on his face.

"What's with the smile?"

"She forgave me."

"So easily?"

"I know right, it's a little shocking."

"Maybe she did that so you could leave her alone quick enough."

"What no, could she?"

"Two words. She's a Black queen."

"Well, let's move to your dare, what are you going to do about Queen?"

"You know what, I've decided that I will just confront her and ask if she needs my help in geography class."

"I can already imagine the answer."

When they got to school, they walked through the doors and the students immediately roared with applause.

James used his hand to cover his face before running off.

Once he reached class, he sighed of relief and sat down.

However, his teacher came in and saw him, "James my boy. I saw you on YouTube. You know, you have lot of talent, you are the best in this class and you can sing. My boy you are gifted, you know when I was young, I always wanted to be a singer..."

He groaned as the man kept talking, he never really expected Mr. Xavier to talk about such a thing for so long. He even went as far as his father's band.

Soon classes started and he couldn't have been any happier.

****
A knock was heard on Mr Ross's  door and he went to open it.

"Good morning, neighbor," it was Mrs Fischer from the previous night.

He looked at her in confusion as she as well as some younger boys brought in containers of food.