Chapter 26

Marilyn was smiling as she kicked her legs up and down on the sofa. She was looking in the kitchen watching Henry and James, her Jamie help her aunt with lunch.

Although most of the disaster was from Henry, she wanted to hit James for even the slightest, she taught him better than that.

But she was glad, now her family was complete. With an addition of a crazy brother and his awesome parents.

While she was watching them, uncle Sam snuck up behind her and started tickling her causing her to erupt in laughter.

"What's my little girl looking at? What's got her so captivated?"

Still laughing, she pointed to the kitchen and said, "my family."

Sam smiled and kissed her temple, "our family. Now, sorry I'm late but what story do you want to read today?" He asked picking up his Bible from the coffee table in front of them.

He did this with all his kids- yes, even Marilyn and James and when everyone was busy at noon, he and Marilyn did it together and the whole family also had one at night before bed.

"Uh, the story of... Abjah." She said and he laughed at her pronunciation.

"Okay, Abijah it is. We just need to open our Bibles, if I'm right to 2nd Chronicles 13. Do you know what a Chronicle is, Kayla?"

"Um, a diary?"

"Not quite so, it's more of a record of events."

"Then isn't the whole Bible a Chronicle?"

"Ooh, it seems you've put me in a tight spot, but yes, the bible is a book of records and the book of chronicles is one of those that hold records for various major events in the Old Testament. But, Marilyn, not many children your age know of Abijah, where did you hear of him?"

Marilyn beamed on hearing the question and sat straight to answer, "I heard on a TV program. They were talking about Abijah's faith in God and how it helped Judah."

"Well, that is good, now I'm gonna read first and we'll discuss it, okay?"

Sam read the scripture and once they were done, they started discussing it.

"So Jeroboam was the king of Israel and Abijah was the king of Judah. But Israel is God's chosen people so why did he let them lose?"

"Dear, Israel turned from God and as you can see, they even came to battle with idols but because Abijah and Judah stood with God, they won. It's not just about the name it's also what you believe in. Because Judah believed in God and trusted Him, He was on their side. And remember, God is righteousness Himself and so he cannot stand with those who do wrong and in this case Israel sinned against Him.
Also know that Judah was a part of Israel and God will be for anyone who trusts in Him, that's the reason He's called the Lion of the tribe of Judah."

"Oh! But how is it possible that Israel lost when they had double the size of Judah?" She asked again and he smiled.

"Dear according to human mind, they should have lost but when God shows up in a situation, what do you think happens? This is the owner of the universe we're talking about and because He exists, He won't let those who believe in Him be put to shame. And because of that five hundred thousand mighty men of Jeroboam's army died and Jeroboam himself did not become strong again and died."

"But Abijah did and even had many sons and daughters. You know what uncle Sam? I want to be just like Abijah."

"And why is that?" Sam closed his Bible and placed it back on the table.

"Because He knew that even if he had no chance of winning by the strength of his army, He had God and surrendered the battle to God. As the Bible says, he said we have God for our captain so I want to always give my situation to God because I know if I leave it to Him, He'll always win and make me prosper!" She shouted lastly.

"Very good. Now let's pray. Should I or will you?"

"I will!" They held hands and closed their eyes. "Thank you Jesus for bringing us here and for helping us learn about Abijah. I ask of you to help us to give every battle to you as the captain because that's the only way we'll win. Thank you for Queen's birthday today, please help her find you and your love as well as bless her and let her see many more birthdays. It's in Jesus'name I pray, Amen."

"Amen," Sam repeated and smiled at her.
He was really happy about how she was growing in the Lord.
Her parents trained her well in the years they were alive and James was also doing the same. Now his family also had a choice and it made Him glad how God put only good people in her life.

She had a great life ahead of her and he was glad he could be a part of it. Besides, he always wanted a daughter and God gave him one through this family.

"Uncle Sam, do you think God took mommy and daddy home just so I could become a part of your family?" Marilyn asked bringing him out of his strings of thought.

He thought for a bit before answering. "Kayla, remember this, it's never his will for them to die. But he makes things work out for you, for our good. One thing might seem to be a big mess up in our lives, but God can use that mess up to bless us in ways no one can. In ways only Jesus can. And even if you're parents were still here, you'd still be like my daughter."

"But how does death end up being a blessing?"

He typed a song on his phone and continued explaining.u
"He has blessed countless numbers of people through you by your situation that could possibly have not been blessed in the same way if you weren't in that situation.

Okay... Picture this, five year old kid growing up in Boston, having a hard time with the kind of world she was seeing. Coming home from school scared to death and always wondering what kind of mood her brothere'd be in," he sang the lyrics with a few changes to the song by Austin French, Jesus Can.

"That kind of home can do a number on you, mom and dad gone up and I guess I went too. I grew up thinking nothing good could ever come from a story like mine. But who turns a broken dream, into a life redeemed? Who can turn your worst defeat into your victory?" James joined bringing in some snacks with aunt Daisy.

"Who saw you where you were and led you where you stand?" Daisy carried her and danced around with her this time.

"My life is living proof that only Jesus can!" She smiled as they continued singing.

"Everybody's got that hurt they wish had never happened. Everybody's got that pain they wished they could undo," Henry finally joined in, stuffing his face with blueberries.

"But wounds become scars and scars become stories and when it comes to the story of you! Who turns a broken dream into a life redeemed? Who can turn our worst defeat into our victory? Who saw us where we were and led us where we stand? Our lives are living proof that only Jesus can!
Only Jesus can save me, only Jesus can change me, only Jesus can take me! From lost to found. Hallelujah we're singing, there's no stealing our freedom, he picked all of the pieces, look at us now!"

Psalms 21:6 (KJV)  For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.

UNTIL GRACE जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें