Chapter 17

Sarah's POV

I walked down the stairs, still in shock after the phone call.

I can't believe Queen would make her parents do such a thing. I know she wasn't really a fan but she knows what I went through.

As if on cue, my phone rang and I looked at the caller, she really needed a piece of my mind.

"Hey Sarah," she said all happily and I scoffed.

"What? You happy after what you did?"

"What did I do?" She asked like she didn't know.

"I know everything Queen. All thanks to your parents, James and his sister were taken to an orphanage."

"What! I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh really? You didn't tell your parents that they're living under the care of no one in particular? Stop it Queen! All thanks to you they were taken to an orphanage and now his sister's missing."

"But why would I do that, I know what you went through."

"That's exactly what I thought, but I was wrong, I'm really disappointed," I hung up and quickened my pace and went outside the door.

Luckily my dad's not here, I walk out the door, but what do I do? Where do I start looking for her?

Something told me I should just walk, so I did. I really can't believe that Queen could do such a thing even after knowing what I went through for two years in an orphanage.

After mom died and dad was arrested, I was taken to a foster home and orphanage. I was pretty rebellious and I really regretted it.

Queen's family was doing a charity donation at the foster home and that's where I met her.

We became friends and once I got out this year, she helped me cope with the fact that my dad would get my custody.

The truth is that the care taker at the foster home was mistreating everyone and due to my bad attitude, I got the worst of it.

It got to a point where she burned my back with hot water as a punishment for coming back late.

I was relieved to leave that place, but at the same time, I was even more stressed about staying with my father.

I reached coffee and comfy, but I didn't feel like going in so I continued walking, I know it was late, but I needed to get things off my mind.

I was walking down the empty street when I heard a voice.

"Hey little girl, what you doing?"

I, for some reason followed the direction of the voice.

"Do you want a piece chocolate?"

"No, sir, please leave me alone," I recognized the voice. It was my little sassy for Jesus' voice.

I ran much closer when the man tried to grab James' sister, whose name I've forgotten and she screamed so he'd get away.

I grabbed her hand and moved a safe distance from the creepy man.

"That's my daughter, girl!" He growled at me and I moved her behind me.

"Oh yeah? Well then that means you are also my dad, cause I'm her sister!" The man looked a little confused.

"You two don't even look alike."

"Oh, so are you saying that a black skinned girl can't have a white skinned sister?" I asked in a fake annoyed tone.

"Give me the girl!" He said moving closer and I stepped backwards.