[41; intensity]

Somehow, when you'd first heard about this school trip, being trapped in a forest full of magical beasts wasn't what you'd been expecting.

"They're everywhere," you groaned, massaging your bruised forearm. "Hasn't it already been well over three hours? No chance in hell we're making it back for lunch..."

Aizawa had introduced your class to a surprise pro hero guest group—the Pussycats. It had been nice enough, since they were veterans on the field that pretty much everyone had heard of, but that was before they'd thrown you off a cliff and trapped you down in the forest below with these beast-like creations. You were supposed to make your way through and reach the lodge by noon, but that was already a pipe dream.

"Stay close to me, [Name]." Katsuki was poised in front of you, crimson eyes searching for the next target. There were a ton of these monster things, and they really packed a punch, but mostly they just kept pouring in one after the other. Katsuki's hands had begun to seize up from over-use of his Quirk.

"Thank you," you smiled. "I feel safe with you by my side, Katsuki-kun."

"No shit. Just don't wander off too far, you hear me? It's easy to get lost in this damn forest."

"Ooh, cute," Kirishima teased, grinning up to his ears. "Bakugou's being so overprotective of his girlfriend. What a manly guy."

"Eat shit, hair-for-brains!"

"I was just saying—"

"And I'm tellin' you to eat shit!"

You chuckled wearily. Since you didn't have the most offensive power, you were mostly just supporting people like Katsuki, and helping heal a bit from time to time. Your maneuverability helped to get around those big, lumbering piles of rock. It wasn't all that bad, but you were really freaking hungry.

A few more hours went by, and only then did you reach the lodge.

"Lunchtime, as if," Kirishima groaned, "I seriously thought I was going to starve to death."

Pixiebob giggled from across the field, blonde locks swaying by her eyes. "Sorry, sorry—I meant by our standards."

"Wow, nice humble-brag."

Katsuki gritted his teeth, clamping his palm down on his forearm like a vice. It was seizing up much more intensely now. You eyed him worriedly.

"I could try healing the muscles a bit? So that they calm down?"

"It's fine," he waved off, "nothing I can't handle."

"But it looks like you're in pain."

"Ease off, [Name]. You've been healing me enough already. Don't act like you're not dead tired, too."

You smiled inwardly. He was being gentle and considerate behind that tough bravado, like always. You reached out and pulled his fingers into your own, noting the small flush that rose to his cheeks. The spasms could be felt against your palms, but they seemed to calm down a bit when you gave his hand a squeeze.

"I can't wait to lie down," you sighed, leaning your shoulders against his own. "I'm sleepy. It'd be nice if we could bunk together, like we did last night."

Katsuki snapped his head away in a hurry, blushing deeply. Of course he couldn't have already forgotten the night you'd spent together, sleeping in the same bed. It really was nice. You'd fallen asleep almost immediately, soothed by the presence of his warm body. Obviously, they wouldn't allow co-ed rooming on a school trip, but it was nice to dream...