[4; tied together]

You would be fighting him—your soulmate, whom you'd been so desperately trying to avoid. Him; the boy who bore nothing but sheer resentment every time he looked in your direction, and who you still hadn't spoken a single word to.

And you got the feeling that he was about to utterly destroy you.

It wasn't as though you didn't have faith in Izuku's abilities, but from what you'd seen, his powers would gravely injure him, and there was probably only so much he could do. If anything, he would most likely be saving them for when the two of you were left with no other option, which meant that your Quirk would need to carry the both of you to victory.

The two of you were waiting outside, allowing the "villain" team to make their way in first. You'd both been given a map with the basic layout of the building, which you would need to commit to memory in order to maneuver around.

You spared a glance towards your partner. "Izuku-kun...I could kind of already tell, but you have a really bad relationship with Bakugou-kun, don't you?"

"A-ah, well...yeah." He chuckled hoarsely, unable to mask the pain in his expression. "We used to be friends at some point, but it was so far back that I can hardly remember anymore. I call him 'Kacchan' because that's the name I would use when we were kids; he calls me 'Deku' to make fun of me. There's...not really much to tell, other than the fact that we don't get along at all."

You sighed. "I don't blame you."

"Eh?"

Izuku furrowed his brows, but you'd already gone silent. You hadn't even told Uraraka about the fact that Bakugou was your soulmate. If possible, you wanted to keep it to yourself for a while longer. You were still trying to avoid speaking to him altogether, but you didn't know how well that was going to work out now that you were being pitted against one another.

He doesn't look like the type who'd be happy about finding his soulmate in the first place. I doubt he'll even care. He might just get more irritated than usual.

Still, that was besides the point right now. Even you were here for a reason—to carve your path towards becoming a hero. Finding your soulmate and whatever was only secondary to all that; you couldn't allow yourself to get distracted by such things. First and foremost...you were going to do your best to win.

"I think I speak for both of us when I say that we don't like him, but still—let's give it our best shot." You smiled back at your ally. "I'm counting on you, Izuku-kun."

His emerald eyes widened just slightly before he hurriedly nodded his head.

"O-okay!"

"Now, Trial of Indoor Battle....STAAART!!"

It wasn't much longer after All Might's bellowing signal that the two of you managed to sneak in. You'd stealthily hopped inside through one of the windows, and immediately saw that the entire building was like a maze.

Everywhere you looked there were winding corridors; each of them seeming to lead nowhere in particular. You'd been given some time to read the map's layout, but your nerves were slowly chipping away at your memory. Despite your overall opinion of Bakugou, you couldn't deny the fact that he was strong, and for that very reason, you were extremely worried.

"Izuku-kun," you whispered, pulling up beside him. "Stick close to me, okay? That way I can bend the light around you and—"

"DIEEEEE!!!"