[2; bitter day]

"Wear these immediately, then meet up back at the P.E grounds."

Not long after you'd stepped into the classroom, a scruffy, disheveled male had stepped out of a sleeping bag, of all things, to introduce himself as your homeroom teacher—Aizawa Shouta. From what you could see through the dark hair draping his expression, he had incredibly bloodshot eyes and overall just gave off the impression of someone who was chronically fatigued.

Still, in spite of how confused you were, you realized that was probably just how things went at U.A. You couldn't afford to get too tied up in the small things, and prepared to head off and change into the uniformed tracksuits that had been handed out.

Uraraka smiled as the two of you headed for the doorway, but you didn't the miss the small cry the freckled boy let out as the ash blonde slammed him aside on his way out. He was left chuckling awkwardly and quivering a bit.

You felt your brows pull up into a frown.

"A QUIRK APPREHENSION TEST?!!"

The class had all chimed out in unison, unable to hide their surprise. Uraraka was included in the buzz, and had taken to hopping up and down as she called out to Aizawa.

"But what about the opening ceremony?!" she protested. "And the guidance counselor meeting!"

Your teacher barely spared her a glance. "If you want to be heroes, you don't have time for all the frilly niceties. This is U.A—we have the freedom to do things as we wish."

A weary sigh escaped your lips.

Guess pretty much anything goes here.

Meanwhile, Aizawa had already jumped to another topic.

"Softball pitch, standing long jump, 50 meter dash....and so forth. These are all activities you know from middle school; physical tests where you were banned from using your Quirks. That being said, those tests were not able to accurately gauge your performance levels, and we intend to rectify that."

Aizawa's black eyes briefly scanned the crowd before stopping over one individual in particular.

"Bakugou," he spoke, addressing the blonde male with the attitude problem. "How far could you pitch a softball in middle school?"

He shrugged. "67 meters, why?"

"Well, try using your Quirk this time around. As long as you don't exit that circle over there, anything goes."

Your teacher proceeded to hand him a softball, with which to carry out the throw. The blonde—whom you now knew as Bakugou—had begun revving up his arm in preparation. You couldn't help but bite down on your bottom lip, feeling a tad nervous as to what exactly he was going to do. What kind of Quirk would a guy like that have, anyways?

"DIEEEEEE!!!!"

Well, you didn't have to speculate for much longer, since Bakugou had pulled back his right arm and thrown it forward as he let out a vehement roar. You could barely see anything through the plumes of smoke that had formed, but the deafening, explosive sound was still ringing in your ears.

Fitting enough, you supposed. A loud Quirk, for a loud guy. And who was he telling to die in the first place?

The softball was still surging upwards, carried on through the air by the explosive propulsion. It seemed to disappear straight through the clouds, and you had no idea how in the hell they were supposed to measure the distance it had traveled; not until the device in Aizawa's hands beeped.