I Couldn't Ask For Anything More

9. I Couldn't Ask For Anything More
________________________

~King P.O.V.~
~A Few Days Later~

"How are you feeling Mami." I asked as I went into our room. Ever since we got back from our Honeymoon, she's been absolutely miserable and I felt bad for her. The only plus side to her being sick is that at least I know she's safe at home in bed and not out in the streets doing God-Knows-What to Lord-Knows-Who decided to mess with her.

"I feel so great today. I can actually breathe again." She said pulling the covers off of herself. Her hair up in the messiest of messy buns and in my wife beater which has probably been stretched out.

"You look better. Think you're healthy enough to go to dinner at Arlie and Amber's? Amber misses the hell out of you." I said as I was digging through my dresser for something to wear. I was still in my pj's and then I felt arms wrapped around me. "You're cuddly."

"Yes I am. I missed her too." I felt her start to burrow under my shirt and then her giggles filled my ears.

"What are you doing now?"

"Shhh, I'm trying to crawl up under your shirt and get a piggy back ride at the same time." This is why my sweats and shirts are always stretch out... She just wants to share with me instead of just wear her own clothes. "When are we leaving?"

"About two hours, so go get ready." She dropped herself and crawled out from under my shirt, trailing off to the bathroom. I did a double take and noticed she looked a little different. "Tilly Beans come back here real quick." I called out. She came back to the room and just stared at me blankly.

"Yes?"

"You look a little different. I don't remember you ever that thick." She was never no size 0 but she sure as hell wasn't so voluptuous either.

"Oh. Well this is what happens when I have free range to the junk food and no access to the gym." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I have no problems with having more loveliness added to my ass-"

"I wasn't complainin' or nun'. I just had to do a double take. You were mainly in bed under the covers for about two weeks so I didn't see much of you but wow. I didn't think you'd look that different." She just laughed and went on about her business while I went and did mine.

***

"There are the newly weds." Amber said when she opened the door and gave us a hug. She stepped aside and I noticed just about everyone was already there.

Kids were running all around the house chasing each other, laughter was heard from every room in the house... Nothing better than family get togethers.

"Aye King." Lexis said as he dapped me. "You and Tilly Beans look like y'all had fun."

"It was fun but then she caught the flu so she's finally healthy enough to be out in the world."

"Surprised she doesn't have the coconuts." Arlie said as he walked up to us and handed me a coke. "I always expect to see them."

"She has to get new ones. The ones she has now are too small and her seashells are for formal occasions." I said with a laugh and shake of my head. "Only my wife, I swear."

"Which is what makes her bae." Ty said with a laugh of his own. "If she's too much for you, I'll gladly-"

"Take your ass out of the conversation." Lexis said pulling him by his collar away from our small group. The both of us laughing till Lexis came back to the group. "I don't miss him at home, I really don't."