A Shift In My Damn Priorities

4. A Shift In My Damn Priorities
__________________________

~A Few Weeks Later~
~Tilly Beans P.O.V.~

I saw King was in his den reading over some papers and I quietly walked up behind his chair and put my hands over his eyes. He let out a small laugh and laid his head back.

"What are you doin' now?" He asked so sweetly with a smile left behind on his face.

"I'm feeling really playful. Like childish playful." I'm like a child that never grew up and I love that. I still crawl over the counters pretending the floor is lava just for the hell of it, I try and play tag with King, take his things and run away with them- just those things.

"So go play."

"I'm lonely." I sighed. He spun his chair around and gently pulled me down on his lap.

"Why are you lonely? You literally have me with you all the time, give or take a couple hours." That is very true.

"I wanna go back to drive by's, selling, and hit n' runs." I was not made to be a trophy house wife. This week I haven't done anything I would normally do and I feel prisoned. How does Sweets live day to day like this? Doesn't she miss the good ol' days of getting money and making men drop to their knees begging for mercy? Shit, I miss that a lot.

"Then go if you want. No one said you had to stop that. Just don't get sent to jail again, you just got out not too long ago." I was only an accomplice, I didn't even do anything wrong. The judge was a bitch and the jury was on acid, we all know this but everyone chooses to ignore that key detail.

"But I'm trying to be good." He just rose a brow. "I'm trying to be good for you."

"Mariah, I love you for who you are. If I wanted some ideal trophy housewife, I'd be with one, I like the way you are. The fact you tell me about your commitment issues and fears, you don't just hide 'em." I fucking hate you King, why the hell are you so perfect. Making me look like a bad person and shit, even though I'm probably a terrible person.

"Well I wanted to tell you, I accept the idea of children-"

"No you don't." He laughed. "I know you too damn well and I know for a fact you haven't accepted that concept."

"I'm serious, King. I want a child." The only exciting thing I've done this week is hang out with Sweets and Natalia. I'm not gonna lie, Natalia is the cutest little girl and being around her opened my interest in having a family. "I even had my IUD thing removed when we came back from the snow." His eyebrows rose again but this time in shock.

"I'm really surprised. What happened to carefree Tilly Beans who didn't want responsibility of any kind?" Gone because I'm trying to be the best I possibly can be for you.

"Making changes. I'm not young in my 20's anymore." I said with a depressing sigh. I wanna go back to those times where I didn't need a chill button, but I knew I had to let go of those days.

"So you're really willing to start a family?" I nodded assuringly. "First marriage and now a baby, Tilly Beans we both know you're only saying that for now-"

"No, no, no, I mean it King."

"You realize that means you can't just go out and sell or commit a hit whenever you want right?" I mentally rolled my eyes but nodded. "I know you just mentally rolled your eyes."

"I can be a pimpin' ass Lady G of a Mom."

"Alright, so you're serious about a child?" I nodded eagerly. "This isn't something you can just back out of if you feel anxious or fearful about like the past engagements." I nodded in understanding. "No drinking especially."