Chapter Fourteen

—Third Person POV.—

(Y/n) could hear the sound of a carriage arriving outside. The noise died down and a few minutes later someone knocked on Lord Todoroki's door.

"Come in." He called, standing from the seat next to the bed the sick girl was still in and approaching the door.

Shiozaki walked in, her vine hair dragging on the floor behind her, it was down with two braids wrapping around her head like a crown that held the vines out of her face.

"You're late." Todoroki glared, causing her to bow slightly "My apologies." (Y/n)'s eyes watched as Todoroki tilted his head in her direction "Fix her quickly." He commanded, Shiozaki's head turning to look towards her as well.

The (h/c) haired girl waved sheepishly as Shiozaki approached her. Once she got to the side of the bed (Y/n) currently resided in, she paused.

Todoroki noticed this and walked towards the two "What's wrong?" He questioned, impatience radiating off of his words.

"Well..." She paused again, looking between Todoroki and the Maid 'He doesn't seem to know...'

'Did she not tell him?' Ibara mentally questioned before ignoring Todoroki and turning back to (Y/n) "It's.. Nothing."

'Is it safe to blow light...'

'Into the empty shell of an Ender..?'

These thoughts plagued Shiozaki's mind while her hair began to glow, a strand reaching out and pressing into (Y/n)'s forehead.

'"I have no memory of where I came from up until the point when I woke up and was captured.."'

'She's doing her best to survive in a foreign land...' She started to chant a small prayer under her breath, (Y/n)'s eyes closing as warmth engulfed the spot where the vine pressed.

'You poor, sad girl..' Shiozaki sighed 'Please lighten this poor girls burden.' Her vine retracted, returning to the rest of her hair.

Not too far away stood Todoroki, his arms crossed as he watched the act unfold in front of him. He turned his head away 'That light is always so bright, it makes me sick.' He grumbled.

"Get out if you're done." The vampire demanded, both of the girls turning to look at him and (Y/n) deadpanned.

"Thank you." (Y/n) called as Shiozaki headed towards the door, the vine haired female turned and waving "I wish you a quick recovery."

Todoroki still stood in the spot he was in before, his arms were still crossed "Lord Todoroki, you look like a petty mother, is something wrong?" (Y/n) commented.

He didn't even turn to look towards her as he replied "It's nothing. Go back to sleep." He walked over and pulled a chair up to the bedside, sitting down again "It's because of the priest's blessing, isn't it?" (Y/n) pressed on but got no response in return.

She sighed, lifting the blanket to get out "I'll go back to my room then." He shook his head "You're not going anywhere. Stop babbling, and go to sleep."

With a small chuckle (Y/n) flopped back into the soft bedsheets, pulling the covers over herself "What are you so happy about?" Todoroki raised an eyebrow at her behavior, watching as she popped her head out from underneath the covers, a smile covering her lips.

"I like you being good to me." She spoke, causing the temperature in the room to heat up a bit as he crossed his arms and turned away.

"I said to sleep." "Okay petty vampire~"

—Time Skip.—

The lights of the setting sun painted the sky in an array of orange and red. But though the outside was peaceful, inside of the Todoroki manor was filled with worried servants all lined up in the main hall.

Todoroki held the blue teapot and a book in his hands, trotting down the steps of the main hall.

All of the servants below didn't dare lift their heads as his surprisingly calm eyes glared down at the crowd.

"I will not punish you for what happened in the past." He spoke, handing Momo —Who had gloves on.— The teapot.

Most of the maids trembled "With great generosity, I will look only at what happens in the present." Suddenly a dark haired maid fell to her knees "Your Grace... Please.. Please forgive.." She trailed off, tears falling from her eyes "I didn't know you cherished her so—"

"Šįłęńçë."

The temperature in the room dropped, the walls and windows starting to frost over as the servants shuddered.

Todoroki's hand gripped the girls face, covering her mouth as her face contorted to one of utter fear "What if she wakes up upstairs? Huh?"

Hearing no response he stood back up, straightening and holding the book in his hand up "How many times do you think Monoma is said in this book?" The vampire questioned, staring down at the shaking maid.

"I.. I don't know" She uttered while Momo used the pot to pour an unknown liquid into a teacup behind Todoroki.

"Drįńk thïš."

Momo handed the dark haired girl —Who had locked (Y/n) into the bathing area.— The teacup, the trembling girl drank the contents inside without hesitation due to Todoroki's power.

She coughed, puking up blood and falling to the floor.

'Still, I thought there would at least be one person.'

'Someone (Y/n) would open up to.'

'One thousand sixty eight. It is not a difficult number.'

Todoroki's mismatched eyes stared down at the bloodied maid 'But what is this?' He repeated the question a few more times to other unfortunate servants.

'There isn't one.' The crowd started to panic, backing away as their blood traveled across the floor 'Not a single one.'

He turned towards his bedroom where the sick girl still resides 'Were you all alone as well?'

'Like me..?'

He turned fully, only tilting his head back to speak "Clean it up." He commanded the crowd "Do not disrespect my maid again."

——————————————————————————

ITS SO SHORT IM SORRY

(Edited)