Chapter Twenty-Two

—First Person POV.—

"Todoroki, are you feeling alright?"

He deadpanned "Why do you ask?" "Because the amount of stupidity coming from your mouth is concerning—" He shot a glare towards me.

"I mean.." A sigh left my lips "Accompany you to a ball?? I'm a maid—" "I choose my partner. I want to go with you. Who would dare complain?" He cut in, leaning on his desk a bit.

"But isn't the Prince going to be there?" I complained.

He rolled his eyes before a smug smile fell onto his face while he looked off and spoke in a mocking tone "Too bad your worst enemy will be there, I heard there would be a chocolate fountain." My head perked up at this.

"And there will be many sweets, doesn't it sound fun?" He glanced towards me, his smug expression still playing across his lips and causing me to deadpan.

"Don't tempt me." He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest "You said you would've gone to the New Year Festival with me if I had asked. Are you going back on your word now?" He raised an eyebrow in my direction.

"I told you in advance this time as you said."

'...You petty vampire' He was still turned away from me so I reached forward and prodded my finger into his cheek "Fine, I'll go with you. But the moment we get there I'm making a break for the sweets table" I informed, watching as he gently removed my hand from his scarred face.

I held back a chuckle as I straightened up "Anyways, when is his birthday gala?" I watched as he lifted up a paper and read it "About three months away."

He nodded "You must learn all of the dancing and etiquettes for when we get there." I paused "Dancing??" Todoroki nodded once more.

—Time Skip.—

Kirishima used his tail to push me to my feet.

"Come on!" Bakugo called, causing me to sigh as I got into a fighting stance "Hey Bakugo?" I questioned while I ran at him.

"What?" He huffed, moving out of my way "I'm going to the emperors gala with Todoroki." I paused, throwing a punch that caused him to take a step back and move just out of my hands reach.

"What?! Why are you going there?!" He yelled while I threw more punches his way. The ash blonde avoided all of them with ease "He tempted me with something I can't resist!" I complained, throwing a kick at him.

"What's that?" He questioned, side stepping out of my way again "Food!" I threw a sideways kick at him "He said I needed to learn all of these dances and etiquettes but hasn't told when he'll teach me!"

Bakugo groaned "That dumbass!"

I nodded, one of my punches colliding with his chest and pushing him back slightly.

My eyes widened "I hit you! Finally! Ew you're sweaty—" The red eyed barbarian dropped down, sweeping my legs out from under me.

"Ow!"

—Time Skip.—

"Whatever, she's been freaking out about the birthday gala." Todoroki nodded "I told her not to worry but it seems her small brain cell can't comprehend that."

Bakugo rolled his eyes "Anyways, Eijiro is molting so we won't be able to have class." He informed, his usual glare locking on to Todoroki.

"I'll call up someone else but as soon as Kirishima is done, I need you to come right back here." The ash blonde furrowed his eyebrows "I'm not some dog, I have more important things to do."